SCI employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Senior MEAL Officer is primarily responsible for establishing and overseeing functional MEAL systems, and where relevant, building the technical capacity of relevant staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget responsibility: None
Other key working contacts: SC project teams, SC MEAL team, Partner Organization staff as relevant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Roll-out, strengthen, and oversee MEAL mechanisms as per SCI guidelines and commitments
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project activities, report on a timely manner in a standardized format, and conduct debriefing sessions with relevant staff on recommendations and/or action plans
- Create, update, review MEAL tools where needed (e.g. Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, FGD Questionnaires, beneficiary satisfaction/feedback surveys, follow-up interviews)
- Continuously conduct data verification through monitoring visits and means of verification, and report on the progress against indicators monthly
- Contribute to the development/roll-out of the centralized database, support or lead on database review/management and/or data tracking tools in order to maintain data quality
- Oversee or lead on MEAL activities and data gathering exercises (e.g. focus group discussions, KII, surveys) in coordination with relevant staff
- Undertake or review data cleaning, analysis, and triangulation tasks where needed to ensure data quality meets minimum reporting requirements for SCI and/or donors
- Assist or lead on planning and/or implementation of baseline and endline studies, evaluations, and assessments when needed
- Build partner and staff capacity through providing necessary trainings, mentoring and/or coaching.
- Support the mainstreaming of accountability mechanisms, support their roll-out and management of accountability system/mechanisms
- Support MEAL and programme staff in facilitating and disseminating the lessons learnt
- Contribute to overall project design at the development phase as well as he project cycle
- Assist or lead on the preparation of evaluation, baseline, endline, and routine/emergency needs assessments’ designs and implementation.
- Support external evaluations as needed.
- Produce or review reports concerning the MEAL department
- Contribute to interdepartmental reporting on periodic, midterm and final reports for the projects.
- Oversee that data confidentiality measures are in place for data management and filing systems for project data in soft and hard copies.
- Perform other duties and act for the relevant line manager as required.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of refugees and members of the host communities at all times.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and ensure compliance to these policies at the field level as well.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree in statistics, social sciences, or related field
- Minimum of 3-years of work experience in humanitarian/development sector, with minimum 2-years of work experience focusing on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
- Excellent grasp of MEAL concepts and processes
- Experience in working with children, and familiarity with child friendly methodologies
- Experience in working with partner organizations in a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience in preparation and delivery of structured trainings regarding MEAL
- Experience in developing Terms of References for various assessments/studies
- Experience in data collection, cleaning, and analysis, along with database management and reporting
- Experience in statistical analysis, research methods, and working knowledge of related software (i.e. SPSS, R)
- Able to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Fluent in Turkish and English – written and spoken
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong ability to take initiative
- Working knowledge of information presentation/visualisation techniques and/or software (i.e. Power BI, Tableau Public)
- Able to travel frequently
- Fluent in Arabic or Farsi
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Private Medical insurance
- Life and Critical Illness insurance
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Kindly ensure that you apply in English with your up to date CV and a cover letter by explaining your salary expectation.
**This position's interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
**Please note that applications later than mentioned deadline will not be considered.