Senior Non-Key Expert – Employment Policy Research (Ref: 2021_006)
|Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG||Ankara|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Hulla & Co Human Dynamics GmbH & Co KG (A DAI Global Company) is the lead partner of an international consortium that currently implements the EU/Turkey co-financed “Technical Assistance for Improving Job and Vocational Counselling Services” Project.
"Technical Assistance for Improving Job and Vocational Counselling Services" is a three-year project focusing on an enhanced capacity building, incorporating new research studies, establishing cooperation and coordination mechanism, and improved awareness. The overall goal of the project is to support the Turkish Public Employment Service (İŞKUR) in improving the policy-making capacity of İŞKUR and to contribute to the quality, efficiency, coordination, and diversity of public and private employment services. More specifically it will increase the institutional capacity of the beneficiary and improve the capacity of the public employment services.
The purpose of the project is to enhance the capacity of İŞKUR to deliver job and vocational counseling (JVC) services more efficiently and to reach more job seekers and employers through improving JVC services.The project is going to be implemented by until October 2023.
For this purpose, we are seeking a qualified, experienced, and dedicated individual to join our project team in Ankara/Turkey as;
Brief description of the assignment:
Activity Title: Inclusive Service Delivery Models for Disadvantaged Groups (women, young people/NEET, people with disabilities, long-term unemployed, migrants, ex-convicts)
- Analyzing the current service delivery models and tools of İŞKUR for target groups
- Conducting qualitative and/or quantitative researches to provide inputs for designing intervention models to improve and/or develop employment services for target groups
- Collecting detailed information about the best practices at international level
- Preparing a consolidated Report concerning evidence-based employment policies, service delivery models and labour market situation of target groups
- Preparing implementation guidelines for the proposed service delivery models
- Providing contribution for trainings under intervention 1.1 of this Project via prepared reports
Task and Duties:
Working with Key Expert 3 (KE3), the Team Leader, and İŞKUR in accordance with the tasks and duties set out below, the SNKEs – Employment Policy Research Expert will be responsible for:
- Analyzing current service delivery models and tools of İŞKUR for target groups to evaluate the current situation
- Conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research to provide inputs for designing intervention models to improve employment services for target groups
- Identifying and assessing the barriers that prevent labour market access of target groups (based on demographic categorization e.g. age, marital/parental status, education level, etc.)
- Identifying and assessing the barriers for employers to employ target groups and design potential approaches to overcome the identified barriers and sustainable solutions
- A stakeholder analysis of relevant actors working with disadvantaged groups in Turkey related to labour market (to better understand the roles, functions, activities and interactions between such actors, as well as identify potential drivers of change)
- Comparative analysis of best practices in the EU Member States and other countries in facilitating access of target groups into employment (with the potential for transferability)
- Preparing a consolidated Report concerning evidence-based employment policies, service delivery models, and labour market situation of target groups including implementation guidelines that explain how to put the proposed service delivery models into practice in details
- Conducting a workshop regarding the results of the Report
SNKEs will work under the direct supervision of KE3 and the overall supervision of the Team Leader (KE1). The experts will work in close cooperation with the studies working group established in İŞKUR. SNKE will be assisted by a Junior Non-Key Expert.
Outputs and Expected Deliverables:
Each SNKE – Employment Policy Research is responsible for outputs and deliverables below:
- Concept note and work plan, indicatively containing details of:
- research data
- analyze methods
- best practice selection criteria
- indicative outline and sources of the study
- Draft report and implementation guideline, indicatively contain:
- Executive summary
- Explanation of the reasons why they are disadvantaged
- Identify the challenges and difficulties of disadvantaged groups in the Turkish labour market
- Current / existing support and services offered for target groups by İŞKUR
- International best practices addressing the target group and comparison with national measures
- Inclusive and diversified service delivery models proposal for İŞKUR addressing the target group
- Findings and conclusions
- Suggested actions as a guideline for İŞKUR to achieve inclusive and diversified service delivery models for target groups
- Final report and implementation guideline
Reports will be prepared in Turkish and to be translated into English by the TAT.
Reports will be printed and distributed in a determined number by TAT.
Duration of the assignment: Up to 132 days (22 SNKE days for each report – including revisions)
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Ph.D. degree in social sciences related to economics, labour economics, social policy or related studies of disadvantaged groups
- At least 15 years of working experience in the above mentioned fields
- Good command of written and spoken English and Turkish
- Full computer literacy
General professional experience:
- At least 2 published studies/articles concerning labour market and/or employment policies
- At least 1 research and prepared report concerning labour market and/or employment policies
- Experience in at least one EU Project as a research expert or labour market expert will be an asset
Candidates are requested to submit together with their application letter and CVs, samples of their studies and /or publications that they developed in previous assignments or links to those.
Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG
We operate in a range of fields: from economy and good governance, to institutional and infrastructure development, justice sector reform, to environment and sustainable energy policy. We work with clients at all levels: from international organisations and national governments to regional authorities and local municipalities.
Our work entails helping countries to develop, integrate and implement workable poverty reduction strategies through improved policy and financial management functions.