Senior Officer, PMER
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Senior Officer, PMER based in Ankara.
Under the supervision of the IFRC Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) coordinator, the Senior PMER Officer will assure quality and timely reporting related to the ESSN Programme (incl. donor reports to ECHO, monthly updates for internal and external circulation, M&E reports, among others) related to the ESSN Programme, and contribute to PMER activities of the migration programmes as relevant. Under the supervision and guidance of the PMER Coordination, the Senior Officer will be the IFRC focal point for the ESSN reporting workstream, and will work closely with the IFRC and TRC M&E and data teams. As appropriate, the Senior Officer will work with TRC counterparts to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities, in particular how and what information is collected and aggregated. The Sr. PMER Officer will also support the production of any proposals and modification requests, if necessary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the ESSN Reporting Workstream working closely with TRC counterparts in ensuring effective and efficient reporting processes of the ESSN programme.
- Coordinate with all relevant ESSN workstreams to support the consolidation and delivery of high-quality reporting of the ESSN programme, ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Ensure all reporting on the ESSN programme is compliant with ECHO requirements and/or with IFRC’s standards and formats, depending on the type product and target audience. Prepare monthly reports to inform about the updates and progress of the programme, adapted for different audiences (for internal and external circulation).
- Develop and regularly update products, including situation reports, fact sheets, presentations, etc.
- Complete regular reporting on all activities implemented under the ESSN programme (and migration programme as relevant) by collecting and consolidating data from various IFRC and TRC technical field staff
- Under the supervision of the PMER coordinator, undertake quality control and final editing of all reports, assuring that professional standards and formats are adhered to.
- Work closely with TRC to strengthen and improve existing internal reporting practices, including developing/improving the reporting SOPs and processes for the programme.
- Provide guidance and develop focused manuals for narrative reporting as well as – if and when required – support on the job coaching and focused trainings
- Develop/improve existing reporting templates/tools, based on realistic delivery of reports.
- Develop/improve the reporting framework for the ESSN programme that properly reflects the needs of the organization and the scope of the ESSN programme.
- Maintain good communications with technical / operational counterparts in IFRC and in TRC to ensure reports are informed by accurate and relevant information.
- Collaborate with technical and support managers, including finance, to ensure compatibility between narrative and financial information in all reports
- Support the development of external communications products in collaboration with IFRC Communication Teams. Provide support to wider IFRC Turkey planning and reporting activities, as relevant/required.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In close coordination with the M&E Officers, support the report writing process of M&E related reports (Pre-Assistance Baseline reports, Post-Distribution-Monitoring Reports, Endline surveys, etc.)
- Ensure quality assurance of all products produced by the M&E teams
- Support or prepare analysis of monitoring through reports and ensure it is evidence-based, user-friendly and accessible for those managing the operation, to inform decision-making.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of M&E activities, as relevant
- Provide support to wider IFRC Turkey monitoring and evaluation activities ,as relevant/required
- Graduate degree in Social Science, Journalism, Public relations, Translation studies, or related area
- Post-graduate qualification in Social Sciences
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in donor reporting within the humanitarian or development sector
- Experience of procedures and reporting requirements of ECHO-funded projects
- Experience in supporting organisational reporting mechanisms
- Experience in drafting and editing public documents
- Experience working for the RCRC Movement
- Experience in NS capacity strengthening
Knowledge, skills and languages
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools and principles, including experience with logical frameworks
- Good understanding of the humanitarian and political context in Turkey
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and conducting desk research.
- Highly organised with ability to manage multiple tasks in a results focused manner
- Skills in supporting organizational learning, accountability and performance
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skill, particularly in diverse cultural contexts
- Strong analytical and written skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Strong skills in designing and using PMER concepts, tools, and best practices
- Experience in IFRC PMER systems and standards
- Fluently spoken and excellent written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
- Other languages: Turkish
Competencies and values
- Movement context, principles and values
- Programme management & reporting
- Information management
- Resource management
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- Personal resilience
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.