Senior Outreach and Referral Officer
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
The Referral and Outreach Senior Officer will be the focal point for Referral and Outreach workstream under the supervision and guidance of the Referral and Outreach Team Leader. The Referral and Outreach Senior Officer is responsible to work closely with the TRCS to monitor Referral and Outreach activities in Ankara and at the field level, while also enhancing the impact, reach and efficiency of the overall operations. This includes the integration of protection activities and approaches by supporting the identification of cases in need of protection and strengthening both the internal and external referral mechanisms for providing protection related services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Focal point for Referral & Outreach workstream
- Co-lead the bi-weekly Referral & Outreach workstream meeting with TRC by preparing agenda items and following up on agreed action points.
- Present on the progress of the referral & outreach workstream and Key Performance Indicators during the monthly Management Coordination Cell meetings, together with TRC counterparts.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Referral and Outreach Team Leader and the ESSN Operations Manager.
Strengthening referral pathways
- Work closely with the Turkish Red Crescent to enhance and systematise the protection referral pathways for the ESSN programme, including analysing available data on protection.
- Work in close collaboration with the TRC Community Based Migration Programme and its dedicated protection unit to enhance the existing referral mechanisms.
- Collaborate closely with other ESSN workstreams to strengthen the identification and assessment of outreach cases as well as potential protection referrals.
- Collaborate with TRC to review and follow-up on potential protection cases and provide support when necessary.
- In close collaboration with the Livelihoods Officer support the further development of transition strategy, ensuring that protection is considered at all stages of the process.
- Track the implementation of R&O Standard Operating Procedures. Support the review and revision of these SOPs in close collaboration with TRC.
- Conduct regular field missions with IFRC Field Coordination colleagues to observe R&O activities in the field as well as to ensure programme oversight.
Track and report on referral and outreach figures
- Review and follow up on the monthly Referral & Outreach workstream report from TRC and keep track of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Action Plans.
- Review and follow up the Protection Dashboard, make necessary amendments and updates in collaboration with the IFRC Information Management Team.
- Work closely with the Registration & Application workstream to highlight and address potential application barriers, exclusion/inclusion errors, card issues and protection concerns.
- Strengthen awareness and capacity of Referral and Outreach workstream on the identification of protection risks and needs.
- Include protection elements in relevant documents, processes, and strategies within the R&O workstream.
- Support the identification of training needs and the implementation of trainings.
Coordination and representation
- Attend Protection Working Groups and other relevant meetings and events.
- Advocate for protection issues with key stakeholders to raise appropriate awareness of protection issues, their ramifications and how teams are responding to protection risks and needs.
- Prepare reports and presentations related to Referral & Outreach activities for inter-agency working groups, meetings, and other external fora.
Capacity support to Referral and Outreach staff
- Lead the organization and coordination of (online) workshops and training sessions for R&O staff in close collaboration with TRC. This includes arrangement and follow up on capacity support plans.
- Work closely with the IFRC Delegate for Learning & Capacity Support to ensure alignment and complementarity between capacity support efforts for TRC staff.
- Relevant University degree in social field such as law, sociology, anthropology, social worker, social action, psychology, childcare or teaching
- Minimum 3- 5 years of work experience in the field of protection
- Experience with the Turkish national social and protection sector
- Experience working with people in vulnerable situations
- Experience with providing inputs to ensure that protection is mainstreamed in humanitarian programmes throughout the project cycle
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies, in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience organizing workshops, trainings, and other capacity support efforts
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of protection issues faced by refugees, migrants, and host communities
- Team player, with the ability to coordinate and engage others and build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Good knowledge of gender and diversity issues
- Willing to travel extensively to support field operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Good knowledge of the socio-cultural background of affected populations and capacity to practice political and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to handle sensitive information, discretion, solid judgment
- Ability to produce reports and presentations
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Fluently spoken and written Arabic
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and teamwork
- National Society and customer relations
- Building alliances
- Creativity and innovation