General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by conducting timely and efficient procurement for GOAL Syria programme activities, in accordance with GOAL Procurement policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Process procurements assigned to you by the PM ensuring that all procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Prepare (as required) and ensure all relevant documentation for the entire procurement process is filed correctly electronically on the GSO System as well as on paper as per GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual and internal audit requirements. Update the CMS and FWA Trackers and ensure all relevant information is included.
- Process the assigned PR’s according to the GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual/Procurement Chart procedures;
- Online Order Tracking System (OTS) for all PR’s assigned and ensure all Procurement officers are updating the same in a timely manner
- Assist the PM in preparing and Conduct field visits and market surveys with the PM and PC
- Coach the procurement officers/assistants on GOAL procurement processes, monitoring progress of their work and providing ongoing training in roles and responsibilities on advice from the Procurement Manager.
- Analyse the specification of the supplies, works or services required and source potential, reliable suppliers who can meet this specifications;
- Prepare Enquiry Forms(EF)/Request for Offers(RFO) to obtain quotations/bids as per required process (single/negotiated/sealed/tender);
- Complete Bid Analyses (BA) for review, and obtain the necessary signatures for approval from budget-holders and finance department;
- Raise Purchase Orders to place the order with the chosen supplier and follow up the status of the goods, to delivery to the required location, as per the PR;
- Ensure that Goods In Dockets(GID) and CCR are prepared for all deliveries and attached to the procurement file;
- In case any problem with payments to supplier get in contact with finance and try to solve the problem.
- Complete all financial paperwork, obtain the necessary signatures for approval and ensure payment to the supplier is affected
- Raise PRF, prepare reconciliation list and checklist.
- Update and ensure CMS ,FWA Tracker are updated as necessary and Ensure all files are updated regularly by relevant staff.
- Ensure that all chosen suppliers are registered on the GOAL Syria Vendor Roster, and maintain it by updating it where necessary with regular reviews of suppliers together with PM and PC on suppliers based on criteria of reliability, quality and prices of goods offered, terms & conditions, after sales services offered, and warranty guaranteed.
- Ensure that all new suppliers have Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) completed, according to the procurement process and continuously update the ATC tracker and ensure it is updated by relevant staff
- Flag all expiring contracts to the PM and PC 3 months before and all FWA’s 6 months before expiry date.
- Produce a weekly and monthly report as per the provided templates.
- Produce a monthly report as per provided templates
- Assist with translations for Procurement Department when required; and
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (procurement, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent year’s practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
- Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO;
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
- Arabic language skills.
Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 23 February 2021.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.