Senior Procurement Officer
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Senior Procurement Officer to join the Team in Ankara (Turkey).
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality, and our humanitarian values (the people, integrity, partnerships, diversity, leadership, innovation ) and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade. The International Federation is guided by its Strategy 2020 which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade. The mission of the Secretariat is to contribute to building a humane, dignified and peaceful world by helping National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to become stronger, promote their interests globally, and enable them to work together effectively as the International Federation. The Syria conflict continues to be the largest and most complex humanitarian crisis in the world resulting in internal and external displacement, loss of thousands of lives and severe damage to infrastructure, roads, buildings and livelihoods. Currently, over five million Syrian people are displaced in neighboring countries, including Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and in North Africa. Turkey alone hosts about 3.9 million registered refugees - including people from Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan - making it the host country with the largest refugee population in the world. As of 11 October 2018, some 3.6 million Syrian people are living in Turkey registered under temporary protection to 177,376 people live in temporary shelter centres run by the Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD) under the protection of the Turkish Government. Since 2012, TRCS supporting some 1.8 million refugees from Syria and other countries in protection camps and urban settings through International appeal. The IFRC initially launched as an Emergency Appeal on 9 November 2012, which transformed into an International Appeal to support the Turkish Red Crescent Society (TRCS) to deliver assistance and support to people displaced by conflicts in the region, primarily Syria. The operation focuses on developing community services and outreach programmes for the displaced population living in urban areas and will also aim to assist members of host communities as a way of building resilience and strengthening coping mechanisms in the urban areas. The International appeal was revised for 2019 with a budget of CHF104 Million
Under the supervision of Finance and Administration delegate, Senior Procurement Officer will co-ordinate and support in country procurement services to enable the delivery of logistics services in-line the operational objectives and following IFRC procedures ensuring right quality and optimised procurement service that meets the requests of services users in the operation. Moreover, the Senior Procurement Officer will also act as IFRC Observer in the designated National Society tenders within the framework of the agreed Terms of Reference (ToR).
This role is primarily focused on conducting all country level procurement activities for and on behalf of IFRC. The Senior Procurement Officer will be supported by the procurement officer and be responsible for procurement activities e.g. ensuring local sourcing, timely deliveries, quality of goods and services, local market research. The Senior Procurement Officer plays an active role in training and supporting other IFRC and National Society personnel in relevant procurement activities and supports the Manager to ensure alignment in cross-function activity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and execute all country level procurement activities
- Provide procurement support and advise to other IFRC functions in the operation in planning/budgeting/requisitioning in order to support the overall IFRC service delivery
- Work in close collaboration with Regional Operational LPSCM Unit /LPSCM Geneva, to ensure that the best sourcing strategy is used
- Act as the IFRC observer in the TRC tenders based on the separate ToR, ensure participation and ensure execution of tasks accordingly.
- Provide procurement services to in country operating National Societies and IFRC partners as required
- Plan, co-ordinate and organize country level IFRC procurement activities in full compliance with IFRC Procurement Procedures, regulations, standards and best practices to enable a high quality, efficient and cost-effective procurement process that meets the requests of the services users.
- Liaise with relevant country level operational partners and governmental bodies and keep up to date with local market conditions to enable delivery of most efficient procurement service.
- Maintain and communicate a comprehensive data of all goods and services procured at a country level, and registered suppliers to enable LPSCM to evaluate and identify opportunities to consolidate supplier commercial arrangements for the benefit of the IFRC and its country partners.
- Report to the Finance and Admin delegate and LPSCM Geneva on any foreseen changes in procurement plans and activities
- Carry accountability for ensuring that all procured goods and services are compliant with IFRC regulations and quality standards, are fit for purpose and inspection compliant
- Oversee the fleet function for the country office and coordinate with admin functions.
- Provide support and training to National Society Staff, other national procurement staff, volunteers and in country operating National Societies (NS) - as required - to improve the quality of procurement services with Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, promote adherence to best practice principles and compliance with necessary regulation, legislation and IFRC procedures
- Support the Country Office in managing, evaluating, and reporting upon procurement activity which meets delivery, budget and quality targets in-line with LPSCM procedures and country procurement plans.
- Professional qualification in Logistics, Procurement and Supply chain management or equivalent experience
- 5 years professional procurement experience
- Experience of working with the RC/RC Movement
- Red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-driven, self-minded and ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver to deadlines
- Focused on quality and standards, results and accountability
- Proven good judgement and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality, acting as a role model of highest integrity in personal capacity
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation, networking and communication skills
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills including reporting skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Good understanding of financial process and budgeting
- Fluently spoken and written in English and Turkish
- Good command of another IFRC official language : French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and values
- Movement context, principles and values
- The Movement in the humanitarian sector
- Programme management & reporting
- Information management
- Resource management
- Direction setting and operational objectives
- Community engagement and accountability
- Protection, gender and inclusion
- Environmental sustainability
- Safety and security
- Collaboration and team work
- Conflict management
- Cultural awareness
- Judgement and decision making
- Personal resilience
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the job will remain posted until filled.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.