The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists with the aim of alleviating the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website **http://maramfoundation.org/
Position: Sr.Program Officer
Summary and organization relation:
The Sr. Program Officer (SPO) is responsible for the overall management and delivery of program activities and budget, timely reporting and regular monitoring and evaluation of program achievements. The SPO reports directly to the Executive Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Draft and develop program/project proposal and contractual agreements
2. Manage all project needs from inception and signing of the contract to financial closure
3. Oversee all project staff (assign and follow up on tasks with reminders 3 days before each deadline)
4. Review and provide feedback on all project reports (financial, logistics, human resources, etc.) before sending to external stakeholders (Program Officer has the right to complain to management about the delay in providing feedback)
5. Save all records, reports, and other documents related to the project
6. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for projects and ensure timely submission
7. Hold regular meetings with project staff to ensure clear communication
8. Act as the main focal point with a donor, or any other stakeholder, regarding project implementation
9. Coordinate, develop, and monitor training activities
10. Monitor the implementation of the project and oversee the timeliness of data collection and reporting on an internal level
11. Cultivate networks and partnership with others (I)NGOs, government entities, and other relevant stakeholders
12. Attend and participate in regional cluster meetings
13. Attend and participate in high-level meetings when needed
14. Assist in proposal writing
1- More than seven years of relevant experience, including at least three years of experience in CSO management.
2- Minimum Bachelor degree in a study area relevant such as political science, Engineering development studies, humanities, economics, business administration or related fields; a post-graduate degree is preferred
3- Professional experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM).
4- Familiarity with the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs, and stakeholders; personal awareness and engagement.
5- Flexible and adaptable
7- Detail oriented
8-Turkish and English are required – Arabic is an asset
Maram Foundation is committed to equal opportunities employment; therefore, we encourage applications from marginalized populations. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to:
· Race, color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status