- Organizational Background
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2 Job Summary
The position will serve as a focal point for a project funded through an International NGO with potential engagement with other donors.
The position will be supporting the Program team in their activities related to program planning, implementation monitoring, coordination, program support and reporting. Main responsibilities will include support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates training plans and monitors program activities.
The Senior Program Officer will report to the Program Coordinator. The position will be based in Ankara with frequent travel between field sites for monitoring, support, trainings, etc. as needed.
3. Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with the Program Coordinator, MEAL Manager and Technical Managers in supporting partners’ program implementation and trainings;
- Provide support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
- Conduct field program monitoring visits to ensure action plans set out by the Program team are followed;
- Consolidate program training plan in collaboration with technical managers and support the conduct of regular training activities;
- Coordinate planning and following up of logistical and administrative arrangements for trainings, and ensure an efficient resource utilization and close cooperation between project team, as well as all involved stakeholders;
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations in Turkey;
- Ensure shared files are updated with finalized documents, including training plans and reports;
- Contribute to reviewing partner’s progress reports prior to submission for technical review;
- Assist the Program Coordinator and MEAL Manager in consolidation of the data related to indicators and highlight any irregularities.
- Assist in the preparation of various written updates for donors, HQ and other recipients as necessary;
- Translate documents (English-Turkish) as necessary;
- Support the Program Coordinator in note-taking and sharing minutes with partners;
- Undertake other duties as required.
Other related tasks
- Pro-actively maintain open and professional relations with MSYD/ASRA team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
- Ensure regular and effective communication with Logistics, Finance and all other MSYD/ASRA team members, and associated health facility leadership
- Attend the relevant department coordination meetings
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within MSYD/ASRA and amongst beneficiaries served by MSYD/ASRA
REQUIREMENTS (PERSONS SPECIFICATION):
- Turkish National or other nationalities with authorization to work in Turkey
- University degree in international relations/development, social science, public health, or another related field; MA/S or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years (of which at least 2 years with INGOs) of professional experience in program management and reporting, preferably in projects supported by international NGOs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong English and Turkish proficiency, especially in professional writing. Knowledge of Arabic language is plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and Protection frameworks, tools, and minimum standards.
- Professional, hardworking, and a self-motivated person.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; collaborative approach with the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Positive and solutions-oriented leader focused on teambuilding, problem solving, and support to the teams and beneficiary communities.
- Flexibility and can cope with stressful workload and working with limited resources.
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites (including south-east of Turkey) by car or air.
NOTE: * This position is contingent to funding availability.