Senior Programme Officer – Education Gaziantep (National Post) (Building Tomorrow Programme) (Ref: CWW_ESPO_09062019)
|Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for qualified Senior Programme Officer – Education (National Post) in Gaziantep. This offer is conditional on Concern receiving all necessary government permits and approvals to begin the project.
Job Title Senior Programme Officer - Education
Location Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting Line Area Manager
Supervisory Responsibility Education Programme Officers and Assistants
Closely work with Livelihoods Senior Programme Officer, Systems Officer, Finance and Infrastructure Officers
Job Status Fixed term – 1 year (extendable)
Job Grade D - I
Job Purpose The Senior Programme Officer – Education efficiently and effectively undertakes daily tasks of education support component of the Building Tomorrow Programme in Turkey in line with Concern’s organizational strategies, policies and procedures as well as donors’ procedures and regulations. The jobholder will also be direct line supervisor and provide technical advice to Education Programme Officer in the neighbouring Province. The set of education activities including developing assessment, awareness and guidance works to increase schooling and enrolment rate among refugee communities, and reporting on progress and challenges to Area Manager. Under the Building Programme programme all activities will be closely coordinated with provincial offices of Education Ministry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering overall education activities in the designated Province
- Work closely with designated focal points of PNED and in schools to plan and implement programme activities
- Assign tasks to Officers and Assistants of the education component of the programme as guided by the Area Manager
- Hold regular team meetings with Education staff in the designated Office for capacity building, problem solving, follow-up on progress of education activities in designated province.
- Ensure that guidance to promote education opportunities is used effectively
- Supervise community outreach work and develop working relationship with PNED staff
- Design and lead on implementation of teacher training and teachers’ professional development
- Ensure that activities and progress are documented, and project activities reports are prepared periodically
- Contribute in development of new education project proposals through contextual knowledge
- Provide technical and management support for field assessments, establishment of child friendly spaces and libraries
- Prepare and provide necessary briefings on project to school management and PNED personnel
- Develop and implement system for regular monitoring of school attendance in close cooperation with school management and PNED personnel
- Ensure that teacher and student have resources for classrooms, libraries and home learning initiatives
- Ensure that enrolment and attendance targets are reached
- Monitor incentive scheme and ensure that conditionalities are fulfilled and incentives are disbursed in a timely manner
- Work closely with Livelihoods Senior Programme Officer, Systems Officer and MEAL Officer for quality delivery of programme
- Support on the design of school preparedness and catch- up
- Support best practice in teaching and literacy in schools and Public Education Centres, with a focus on early grades and foundational literacy and numeracy
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation framework and activities implemented, and timely reported
- Prepare monthly narrative reports of education activities and share with Area Manager
- Staff management: act as line supervisor for on Education Officer and Education Assistant
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Any other duties as assigned by the Area Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree and related diploma
- Three years’ field and management experience in formal or informal teaching experience and/or child/youth programming experience
- Knowledge of child protection and PSS
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner
- Fluent in written and spoken Turkish
- Technical knowledge of best practice in teaching early grade literacy
- Experience of mentoring teachers for improved practice
- Experience and knowledge of social cohesion
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Experience developing teaching materials, preferably materials to support students learn a second language
- Knowledge of INEE Minimum Standards
- Excellent negotiations and diplomacy skills
- Have good Arabic and English skills
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV.
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
- Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Application Closing Date: 09.06.2019
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty. In 2015, we positively impacted the lives of 22.5 million people.