Vacancy Notice Number:
Senior Project Assistant (CEFM)
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G6)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
30 October 2020
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Refugee Response) in Gaziantep and the direct supervision of the Protection Officer in Gaziantep, the incumbent will provide specialized assistance in the planning, implementation and monitoring of outreach activities under the UN Joint Programme Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) programme. The incumbent will prepare work plans and materials that is needed for activities in close cooperation with the Mobile Psychosocial Support teams. Also, s/he will assist in liaising with national authorities and humanitarian stakeholders, as well as local organizations and community leaders. In addition to that, s/he will participate in coordination meetings if necessary. Finally, s/he will report all activities regularly to both IOM MPA team in Ankara and Refugee Response Protection unit in Gaziantep.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) programme activities that are to be implemented in SE Turkey and Izmir, working in close cooperation with National PSS Officer and Psychosocial Mobile Teams (PMTs)
- Create, review, and manage CEFM workplans and materials needed activities in SE Turkey and Izmit, including family support sessions, recreational and rights-based activities for children, community mobilization, awareness sessions and informal education activities.
- Liaise with provincial authorities and professionals, including Provincial Directorate of Ministry of Family, Labour, and Social Services, Provincial Directorate Ministry of Health, Provincial Directorate of Migration Management, and municipalities on activities related to CEFM and the programme in coordination with MPA and Refugee Response teams.
- Identify, review and compile existing datasets relating to CEFM, migration and human trafficking in coordination with IOM MPA team in Ankara and CT in Crisis team based in Gaziantep.
- In collaboration with MPA Ankara and CT in Crisis team based in Gaziantep, design and conduct capacity building and awareness raising activities for frontline actors and service providers on CEFM thematic areas and its link to human trafficking.
- In collaboration with other teams under Protection & Resilience unit, especially CT in Crisis, Legal teams, and community centers, incorporate CEFM thematic components into ongoing awareness raising and community activities.
- Maintain strong relationships and ongoing exchange of information with provincial institutional, professional and NGOs and UN counterparts.
- Provide continuous technical guidance and feedback, in coordination with National Officer (Protection and Psychosocial Support), on the CEFM related activities that are being implemented by Mobile Psychosocial teams.
- Facilitate both Focus Group Discussion and consultations with key persons to organize thematic groups of discussions in the targeted villages in line with identified needs and programme objectives
- Draft analytical project documents, agreements, and project reports on CEFM related activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular updates, programme summaries, and other relevant information materials and statistics, according to the specific needs of CEFM programme.
- Participate in meetings with government entities, Case Management Group and Inter–Agency working group meetings, in coordination with Protection Officer and National PSS Officer.
- Implement thematic CEFM trainings for the Mobile PSS team and explore opportunities for them to enhance their skills.
- Assist the Mobile PSS teams in implementation of activities related to CEFM that target both Syrian refugee and Turkish host communities.
- In coordination with MEAL team, develop monitoring tools and undertake field visits to monitor project activities and identify shortfalls in delivery of CEFM activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Psychology, Sociology, human sciences, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in community outreach, psychosocial support activities in emergencies or protection related activities.
- Experience in child protection, monitoring of outreach activities and implementation of community-based activities
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail by the end of 30 October 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Migrant Service Assistant
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)
- Senior Project Assistant (Beneficiary Data Management)
- Project Assistant (WASH)
- On Call Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Senior Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Project Assistant (Recovery and Stabilization)