Vacancy Notice Number:
Senior Project Assistant (Food Security)
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G6)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
05 November 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (Transition and Recovery) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer (Food Security), the incumbent will provide the regular and consistent supervision for food security implementing partners of both of Regular and emergency food Responses under the Cross-Border operations in Norther West Syria
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and track the daily activities of Food Security implementing partners and share the regular updates with National Project Officer;
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with IPs, give technical advice, provide orientation, and immediate reporting of any challenges and concerns to the National Project Officer;
- Coordinate the timely conduction of different assessments needed for the implementation of project activities, review key findings and highlighting potential areas for implementation;
- Follow up with implementing partners to ensure timely implementation of distribution plans and immediate reporting of any delays or challenges to National Project Officer;
- Provide timely inputs for the different project reports (both narrative and financial), including the collection pictures and videos needed for project communication materials;
- Ensure that beneficiary registration, verification and selection are conducted adequately in accordance with selection criteria and donors’ requirements;
- Coordinate with M&E unit to ensure that all food baskets and RTERs throughout the whole process (shipment, offloading/storing at IP warehouses and distribution to beneficiaries), as well as cash and voucher assistances are tracked through Commodity Tracking System (CTS), including alignment of beneficiary lists to system records;
- Follow up with the implementing partners to ensure the timely implementation of Monthly Distribution Plans under both of in-kind and cash/voucher modalities, and immediate reporting of any concerns or challenges to the National Project Officer;
- Coordinate the effective delivery of trainings and sensitization sessions to beneficiaries and in accordance with the respective curriculum and content;
- Monitor the implementation of AAP, PSEA and community participation principles by implementing partners throughout the different project stages;
- Align all distributions with Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) cluster's and technical working groups guidelines, including the regular coordination and attendance to clusters’ and working groups meetings;
- Ensure that all data related to needs assessments, beneficiary lists, distributions and evaluations are gathered from the field and filed accordingly.
- Train, guide and supervise other staff in the unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- University degree in Management, Humanitarian Assistance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in humanitarian response or in the delivery of emergency humanitarian support including transport;
- Experience in the field of migration issues, project design and implementation;
- Familiarity with administrative management;
- Extensive work experience in challenging environments and operational activities in a post-conflict area required;
- Experience in liaising with local, regional and international counterparts and humanitarian partners needed;
- Experience working in an International Organization is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 05 November 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant re-advertised
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)– re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (WASH)
- Project Assistant (Protection) re-advertised
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Interpreter
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) re-advertised