Vacancy Notice Number:
Senior Project Assistant (MHPSS)- re-advertised
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G6) – with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
27 October 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Protection and Resilience Programme Officer and direct supervision of the National Officer (Protection and Psychosocial Support), both based in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible for the follow-up, implementation and monitoring of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) sub-Working Group (sWG) workplan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized support to the implementation of the MHPSS sWG Workplan by following up on specific action points identified in line with the MHPSS sWG priorities.
- Draft and implement realistic and achievable schedule to systematically follow up on the MHPSS sWG Worplan by incorporating all members' inputs.
- Facilitate the coordination and communication among the dedicated taskforces in close relation with the Coordination Group of MHPSS sWG by arranging ad-hoc meetings, initiating the mail groups, and communicating the required repositories or deliverables.
- Ensure active communication between the taskforces and the rest of the members of MHPSS sWG by providing updates regularly in bimonthly MHPSS sWG meetings.
- Update and manage the MHPSS sWG email distribution list, including the members across Turkey.
- Design and conduct online surveys to identify needs and priorities of MHPSS sWG members as a follow-up action after each bimonthly meeting in coordination with the Coordination Group of MHPSS sWG.
- Provide support for any service mapping exercise could be done by either the coordination team or taskforces.
- Facilitate deliverables preparation process in line with the Workplan objectives by enhancing the coordination within and among the taskforces.
- Taking meeting minutes of each MHPSS sWG meeting
Any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology or in a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or;
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Significant experience in coordination, working with government, UN, and I/NGOs in joint planning and project implementation
- Significant experience in facilitating online conferences and doing required technical arrangements by any type of online meeting platforms or tools.
- Experience in social work, community outreach activities, volunteerism, or other emergency related programing in the scope of Protection and MHPSS.
- Proven experience in providing mental health and psychosocial support services to the affected populations.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 27 October 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant re-advertised
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)– re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (WASH)
- Project Assistant (Protection) re-advertised
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Interpreter
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) re-advertised