Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Senior Project Officer in Gaziantep.
The position is to be filled by May 3, 2021, with a contract duration until end of project. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey/Syria/Lebanon. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profitmaking, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
The Senior Project Officer works under the direct supervision of the Head of Project and supports the implementation of the project implemented in North Western Syria, A’zaz and Afrin with close coordination with project staff to ensure that project activities are advancing and to address any problems that arise.
A. Technical advice and guidance:
- In close cooperation with Head of Project, coordinate the implementation of the project activities.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe to stakeholders.
- Work with project team to develop work plans and check progress to ensure these are completed.
- Support the Head of Project to ensure that project is meeting the contractual obligations.
B. Manage a quality service
- He/she assists to develop the project management system of the above-mentioned project in WHH project areas and also supervises the activities in the project areas HoP assigned.
- He/she attends and advocates (in consultation with CD, the Alliance 2015 partners and the WHH Country Team) in relevant UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- Managing activities/programmes and project activities assigned via HoP
- Continue close cooperation with respective departments at HQ to further develop the sector strategy of FSL, nutrition, shelter, emergency assistance, early recovery and WASH not only in country but for the organization as a whole. He/she stays in close cooperation with WHH Country
- Team, and improves linkages with national organizations/NGOs
- He/she assists in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and HoP
- Identification and examination of new project ideas
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members. When needed, taking disciplinary measures about employees on behalf of legal employer (including termination of employment contracts).
- Make a weekly / daily visit to Azaz and Afrin where self-implementing WHH activities are being carried out (essential).
C. Reporting and recording
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records
- Providing regular and accurate reporting as required
- Follow up 4 W reporting
- Supervise monitoring of project activities
- Work with the teams to analyze feedback, monitoring data to improve service
- Respect confidentiality and the rights of the targeted group
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration or a relevant vocational training, or other social work.
- Work Experience: Min. 3 years of work experience in Cross-border projects and a similar position; preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with refugee clients.
- Experience and knowledge of employment counseling, or job placement related work.
- Skills/knowledge: Attention to details, Competent working with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Personality requirements: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments, Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated person able to work in a dynamic environment, Strong communication skills.
- Language Skills: Native Turkish language proficiency and proficiency in English (speaking, reading and writing) is required. Speaking proficiency in and/or any other relevant language (Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi etc.) is a strong asset.
The Senior Project Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 18, 2021. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.