Senior Project officer (Ref: SYR1078 - Senior Project officer)
|Senior Project Officer||Sivil Toplum|
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:Senior Project Officer in Hatay.
The position is to be filled by April, 2023, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Hatay, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
The Senior Project Officer works under the direct supervision of the Head of Project and supports the implementation of the project implemented in Hatay with close coordination with project staff to ensure that project activities are advancing and to address any problems that arise.
- In close cooperation with Head of Project, coordinate the implementation of the project activities.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe to stakeholders.
- Work with project team to develop work plans and check progress to ensure these are completed.
- Support the Head of Project to ensure that project is meeting the contractual obligations.
Manage a quality service
- He/she assists to develop the project management system of the above-mentioned project in WHH project areas and also supervises the activities in the project areas HoP assigned.
- Whenever necessary, represent WHH, attending UN-cluster meetings and meet with the local authorities.
- Managing activities/programmes and project activities assigned via HoP
- To support and supervise the project team in preparation, implementation and analysis of the project process.
- Continue close cooperation with respective departments at HQ to further develop the sector strategy of FSL, nutrition, shelter, emergency assistance, early recovery and WASH not only in country but for the organization as a whole. He/she stays in close cooperation with WHH Country Team, and improves linkages with national organizations/NGOs
- Support the project related activities with other departments. Work closely with the operational teams (Finance, Logistics, M&E, Communications) to ensure a quality service delivery
- He/she assists in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and HoP
- Provide assistance in administration of project.
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members, when needed.
Reporting and recording
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records
- Providing regular and accurate reporting as required
- Support the documentation and reporting of the project activities according to the regulations of Welthungerhilfe and donors.
- Supervise monitoring of project activities
- Work with the teams to analyze feedback, monitoring data to improve service
- Respect confidentiality and the rights of the targeted group
In addition to the above, the Senior Project Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Supervisor (Head of Project / Programme Coordinator).
Based on the project needs, the senior project officer may be travel between cities requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: University degree in international protection, human rights law, social work, or other related field.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years professional experience in project management, capacity development, support, and training of staff, as well as in the field of protection is required
- Language Skills: English and Turkish (written & spoken) is essential for this position.
- Strong experience in project management with different components,
- Experience in cash based programmes
- Strong experience in team management
- Strong experience in representation
- Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and Protection Working Group priorities/strategies.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills to engage different stakeholder in capacity building activities according to their needs.
- Capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, training and transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Strong monitoring and reporting skills
- Strong drafting skills
- Social Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, coordination expertise and capacity to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of protection mainstreaming principles, GBV and CP international guidelines.
- Working with communication materials and knowledge products
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and Excel skills
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision with the ability to deliver tasks timely.
- Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 26, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. Your contact person is Elif Topal.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.