BINAA is a non-profit non-governmental organization that has been registered in Turkey since 2014. BINAA’s mission is to support and empower individuals and communities that are inflicted by conflicts to gain safe and respectable lives.
BINAA strives to be a pioneering regional humanitarian organization. BINAA works hard so those who are inflicted by conflicts have better lives and secure future through providing them the most innovative and efficient services in the fields of development, education, restructuring and relief within a professional and attractive work environment.
BINAA conducts its work with its values of quality, accountability, collaboration, respect, efficiency, and continuous development.
BINAA is looking for a Shelter Project Manager, based in Gaziantep/Turkey, to plan, coordinate, and supervise all shelter projects in the organization and ensure their execution within time, budget, and quality.
- Prepare the project implementation plan in cooperation with the Program Manager and the implementation team.
- Submit the project plan to the Program Manager to be reviewed and approved.
- Supervise the implementation of projects and activities on a daily manner. This includes directing activities, avoiding mistakes, and receiving and submitting projects reports.
- Prepare, develop, and review the reports to be submitted to donors. These could include daily, weekly, quarterly, progress, and final reports.
- Lead the field team and follow up the implementation of activities with them.
- Follow-up with other departments in relation to projects activities.
- Prepare weekly implementation work plans and follow up the implementation with the field team.
- Prepare engineering drawings and follow up on their implementation.
- Participate in the offers opening and procurement committees to evaluate the competing bids and help choose the winning bid.
- Follow up on the project agreement conditions.
- Prepare the detailed BOQ (Bill of Quantities) and technical conditions and handle them over to the procurement department.
- Prepare project proposals based on the technical and humanitarian needs assessment conducted by the field team.
- Represent Binaa and the program department and ensure effective participation in meetings and workshops with partners, donors, and other parties.
- Manage communications, reporting, and relationship development with the related clusters.
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Advanced level in the English language.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Advanced understanding in protection issues and accountability to affected populations.
- Experience in humanitarian work and principles.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced level in project development and management.
- Advanced knowledge in remote management tools and techniques.
- Advanced level in report writing.
- Advanced knowledge in partnership building.
- Basic knowledge in proposal development.
- Basic knowledge in budget management.
- Basic knowledge in preparation BoQs (Bill of Quantities)
- Basic knowledge in quantities calculation
- Basic knowledge in Google Earth and QGIS applications.
- Advanced level in Excel, Outlook, Word
- Residence permit in Turkey (Applicants with Turkish nationality will be prioritized)
- Applicants with disabilities will be prioritized.
- BINAA expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. BINAA's employees, related personnel and accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, BINAA's Code of Conduct and the core principles relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- BINAA organization believes in the principle of equal opportunities, and their staff are chosen based on competencies without any distinction between people
BINAA for Development