- Project Planning
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
2. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during the project(s) implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and troubleshoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management
3. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Review and submit for approval MoUs between ACTED and beneficiaries for each household rehabilitation, working closely with Finance and Logistics to address any issues that arise.
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to the applicable scenario
- Confirm the quality of material selection when applicable
- Ensure proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organograms, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Coordinate with NGOs working on related issues and specifically on SNFI related issues.
- Attend the SNFI and WASH clusters and working groups to ensure complementary programming with other actors.
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication
5. Quality Control
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to the drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Expected skills and qualifications
- University degree in a relevant field, (Economics, Civil and mechanical engineering is highly desirable)
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development. Minimum of 2 years in the field of shelter and WASH.
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- This position is open only for Turkish Nationals
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.