SNKEs – JVC Skills About Career Guidance and Counseling Trainings (4 openings) (Ref: 2022_01)
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
DAI (DAI Global Austria) is the lead partner of an international consortium that currently implements the EU/Turkey co-financed “Technical Assistance for Improving Job and Vocational Counselling Services” Project.This is a three-year project focusing on an enhanced capacity building, incorporating new research studies, establishing cooperation and coordination mechanism, and improved awareness. The overall goal of the project is to support the Turkish Public Employment Service (İŞKUR) in improving the policy-making capacity of İŞKUR and to contribute to the quality, efficiency, coordination, and diversity of public and private employment services. More specifically it will increase the institutional capacity of the beneficiary and improve the capacity of the public employment services.
The purpose of the project is to enhance the capacity of İŞKUR to deliver job and vocational counseling (JVC) services more efficiently and to reach more job seekers and employers through improving JVC services.The project is going to be implemented by until October 2023.
For this purpose, we are seeking qualified, experienced, and dedicated individuals to join our project team in Ankara/Turkey as;
Description of the assignment:
188.8.131.52 Trainings to develop JVC skills about career guidance and personal counselling in particular to improve the performance in face-to-face treatment with job seekers.
To deliver trainings to İŞKUR staff and Job and Vocational Counsellors (JVCs) on Transversal skills, Tools and methods for guidance counselling (general) and Personalized intervention techniques.
The objective of the trainings is to utilise the skills of the target group with a training program with the following content:
Training course –module
- Problem solving
Tools and methods for guidance counselling (general)
-Test and tools for cognitive abilities, skills, aptitude, job attitude analysis.
-The guidance interview
Personalized intervention techniques
- Techniques and practices for individualized services (profiling, vocational training tailor made, job services panel)
- How to form individual action plans
-counselling for entrepreneurship
Duration and Date:
Starting from February 2022 –October 2022 with 4 SNKEs: Up to 244 days in total
- 240 days (in total for 4 SNKEs) for delivery of trainings
- 1 day for each trainer for preparation and reporting (4 days totally for reporting)
Task and Duties:
- Provide training courses and prepare training report on following interventions:
- 184.108.40.206 Trainings to develop JVC skills about career guidance and personal counseling in particular to improve the performance in face-to-face treatment with job seekers.
- Provide face to face training and coaching for 4 wd.
- Realize evaluation of the trainings (pre and end-tests).
- Indicative content list will be shared with the trainer, and the trainer is expected to prepare the training modules, including content, materials, agenda, training aids, training handouts and presentation and send these documents to the project TAT latest two weeks before the start of the trainings.
- Will be in close contact with TAT for content development and will present case studies related with the JVC job descriptions and area of their work and especially present the specific examples in the trainings in case these are provided by TAT
- Prepare training and mission reports that evaluate and summarise the training modules.
SNKEs will work under direct supervision of the KE2 and the Team Leader KE1
- All presentations and training support materials to be shared with participants before the training,
- Hardcopies will be prepared, printed and distributed to participants before training.
- Preparation of a questionnaire to analyse the preliminary training needs of the participants for the subject of the training before trainings.
- Planning a list of the needed materials and training aids, listed in the training report for future trainings and workshops.
- Drafting a detailed training report for the training including difficulties and problem faced during the workshop and training measurement survey to be distributed to the participants at the end of each training and workshop.
- If needed, a half an hour (open notes) exam to be administered at the end of the workshop.
- Preparation of a simple and concise training report for the design and implementation of the training results.
- All the copyrights of the training materials developed by the trainer, including the course notes, on-line material and recorded training videos are given to usage of the project management during the project period and un-limited to İŞKUR.
- A mini survey about TNA to assess further training topics will be delivered by TAT will be applied at the end of each session.
- Reports will be prepared in Turkish and to be translated into English by the TAT.
Reports will be printed and distributed in a determined number by TAT.
Base of Operation:
Location of the Activity:
The location of the activity is the below mentioned provinces in Turkey:
- Ankara (8 Groups)
- İstanbul (8 Groups)
- İzmir (4 Groups)
- Adana, Antalya, Bursa, Diyarbakır, Mersin, Kocaeli (2 Groups)
Hatay, Gaziantep, Kahramanmaraş, Malatya, Konya, Sakarya, Samsun, Tekirdağ, Trabzon, Eskişehir, Isparta, Aydın, Muğla, Balıkesir, Kayseri, Zonguldak, Erzurum, Bitlis (1 group)
And extra 10 groups will be formed from various provinces (Extra groups proposed in the technical proposal and will be decided by OCU)
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in one of the fields of social, economic, or administrative sciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in labour market, employment policies and career guidance.
- Solid knowledge and expertise in problems related with employment and problems of the job seekers from different needs and backgrounds.
- Highly experienced in adult training for public servants.
- Highly experienced in design of training materials, development, and delivery of training programs as moderator and trainer.
- Full computer literacy.
- At least 5 years of experience in communication techniques, leadership, problem solving and communication with difficult clients.
General Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of methodologies used in adult training.
- Demonstrated experience and success in delivering similar courses.
- Knowledge of methods and approaches towards working with diverse groups of trainees.
- Knowledge of a variety of principles in non-formal learning setting.
- Knowledge to apply JVC vocation and expertise related case studies and examples in the educational program.
- Good administration and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Turkish language.
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded projects regarding training activities is an asset.
- Skills to apply evaluations and impact assessment methods and principles for designing training evaluation processes.
- Specific knowledge in the field of Turkish Public Employment System.
- Solid knowledge in career guidance for job seekers.
- Knowledge of the theories and concepts of constructive communication (e.g., social intelligence, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Skill to identify group processes and act accordingly.
- Knowledge of the concept and values of non-formal learning as an educational practice.
Closing date for applications : 28 January 2022
Candidates are requested to submit together with their application letter and CVs, samples of their studies and /or publications that they developed in previous assignments or links to those.
Our EU Business Unit (DAI Global Austria and DAI Global Brussels) builds on 25 years of experience implementing EU-funded projects, combined with DAI’s long-term experience delivering development solutions for bilateral and multilateral donors, governments, civil society organisations, and private sector clients.