The Day After is a Syrian-led organization that works for democratic transition in Syria. TDA works with its partners among Syrian CSOs and international human rights organizations to influence Syrian and non-Syrian stakeholders for the favor of the democratic transition and to keep transitional justice and accountability as a high priority during transition.
Through its programs, TDA aims at strengthening the capacity of key civil society actors working on transitional justice and rule of law as well as representatives of victims of human rights and amplifying their voices within policy debates through developing widely supported, evidence-based recommendations and channeling them to the negotiating parties and other stakeholders. We pursue this mission simultaneously through “bottom-up” and “top-down” strategies to ensure that transitional justice is not dropped off the negotiations. In addition of ensuring that relevant stakeholders are informed and demonstrate deep understanding and support of accountability and transitional justice related issues, TDA aims at empowering the local communities to be resilient and adopt principles of transitional justice.
Job Title: Social media content Developer.
Department: Communications and Advocacy.
Reported to: Communications and Advocacy Manager.
Job Location: Istanbul-Turkey (Possibility to work remotely).
The Day After is looking for a content developer for its social media and digital platforms. This is a fulltime position who will manage all the social media and digital platforms of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage TDA digital platforms including social media and website.
- Coordinate between TDA communication department, and all programs and projects.
- Work with the Advocacy and communication Manager, and communication officer to implement the media strategy and increase the visibility of the organization.
- Collect stories and information for social media from other departments.
- Liaison with communication staff inside Syria to collect data on TDA's activities in Syria.
- Develop the content for all digital platforms in both Arabic and English including but not limited to Facebook, twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn posts, video scripts, summaries, and introductions of TDA reports.
- Ensure that all products apply TDA visual identity.
- Develop content to increase audience engagement online
- Utilize the social media channels of TDA on a daily basis
- Respond to audience queries through social media.
- Create successful social media ad campaigns that will generate more engagement with Syrian communities in Syria and abroad.
- Liaise with designers, and video editors.
- Promote and model a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic Qualifications and Experiences:
Relevant degree in marketing, media, communication, graphics design or related field.
- Over 3 years’ experience in social media and digital platforms management.
- Deep and updated knowledge in social media algorithms.
- Experience in archiving visual materials.
- Experience in creating and overseeing the production of original content for a variety of audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of the Syrian context and conflict.
- Fluency in written Arabic and English.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-motivating and ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills.
- High Organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office apps
- Graphic design experience is a plus
How To Apply:
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to press apply then fill the application with required information
We have an equal opportunity and inclusive and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate based on age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.