GOAL is an international humanitarian aid agency with operations in 13 countries in The Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. Last year it reached more than six million people in need in nutrition, health, livelihoods, and emergency response programmes.
GOAL in Turkey:
GOAL has been implementing programmes in Turkey since 2016 and has an open-ended registration to operate in the country. In addition to 62 dedicated staff members based in our field offices in Adana, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa and in administrative offices in Ankara and Hatay, GOAL Turkey also benefits from administrative supports and technical expertise provided by GOAL Syria Response Programme’s Turkey-based staff members.
GOAL Turkey benefits from strong relationships with key stakeholders within the country’s national refugee response framework and has established trust within targeted communities. Our contribution to the national refugee response in Turkey has focused on addressing gaps and responding to identified needs in health service delivery and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized refugees in southern Turkey.
GOAL is currently implementing two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey. The LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labour. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. The Green program aims to improve the socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Line managed by Social Services and Coaching Team Leader, the postholders will be based in Adana. They will be supporting the GREEN Program through day to day implementation of social services, coaching, individual protection assistance/special need case management (IPA/SN) services and outreach activities. Coaching/Social Services Workers will be supervised by Coaching/Social Services Team Leader.
General Functions of the role
- Provision of IPA/SN, coaching and case management services on a daily basis for GREEN project beneficiaries.
- Implement outreach, provision of information and awareness raising activities on a daily basis.
- At all times, be up-to-date on his/her knowledge on the local service and assistances available where GOAL Turkey Programs are operating for appropriate referrals.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e. on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion including the GOAL's commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Work with supervisors and peers in harmony to achieve GREEN workplans, objectives and targets.
- Participate in one to one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and implement IPA/SN case management and coaching services (particularly for LHH component beneficiaries) to program beneficiaries through comprehensive assessment, case planning, case implementation, follow up and case closure in addition to provision of outreach, information and awareness raising activities for refugees and host community members regarding their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey.
- Work with GOAL Turkey teams and other stakeholders from state, UN agencies and I/NGOs to identify and register individual cases requires IPA/SN case management services.
- Ensure project beneficiaries are fully included in their case assessment and planning processes and take active roles in setting goals and reaching the goals they set for themselves.
- Ensure to record registered cases and activities in the database on time and with quality, update the information as necessary and ensure that progresses are frequently updated in the database.
- Accompany the beneficiaries as needed and support them to access to services.
- Report to Social Services/Coaching Team Leader on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure follow up on referral cases and keep record on outcomes.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times.
- Follow the detailed and strict work plans developed by team leaders.
- Conduct value-added and effects/impact analyses for client groups, identification and capitalization of best practices and lessons learned and make relevant feedback for service development.
- Implement the activities in accordance with GOAL`s program SOPs/guidelines and support with development and revisions program SOPs/guidelines.
- Ensure quality implementation through compliance and adherence to GOAL, donor and national policies, procedures and guidelines including internationally recognized protection and social services standards.
- Provide appropriate information flow within the team members and with the line manager.
- Thoroughly document, update, file and store all field level activities and information collected i.e. for outreach, coaching and IPA/SN case management with due consideration of confidentiality and data protection principles.
- Ensure beneficiary and activity data entered correctly and on time, and that all progresses are closely monitored and updated in the database.
- Provide appropriate information to clients, professionals, colleagues, and others in order to maximize good decision-making processes.
- Support MEAL team to ensure that appropriate monitoring activities are undertaken to a high standard to capture lesson learned and best practices.
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Contribute to livelihood component activities of GREEN, when and as needed.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as requested by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, social sciences and psychology, etc.) or at least 5 years of work experiences in social services.
- Strong communication skills in Arabic and Turkish are required. Farsi / Dari communication skills are desirable.
- Coaching skills and experiences.
- Experience of case management/IPA programs and social work/services.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in NGO or relevant social service providers (in paid or voluntary capacity) preferably experience in Southeast of Turkey and/or with semi-nomadic groups is an asset.
- Able to identify and analyse people’s socio-economic vulnerabilities as well as capacities in order to better target the most at risk and to support them to overcome protection risks and vulnerabilities through holistic case management/coaching services.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children, and women.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation skills.
- Good level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- A self-motivated person, prioritises well, works under pressure, and manages time and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and is committed to diversity and equality and treats everyone with respect.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 02 December 2021 .
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.