Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for a Social Worker for WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centres.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support the WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep, and Şanlıurfa.
Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of a social support intervention for the target population through coordination of PSS Supervisor.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform social support consultations to beneficiaries to address underlying distress;
- To detect more serious forms of distress and other mental health conditions;
- Assists in the pre and post evaluation tests of the psychosocial intervention;
- Conduct group activities for the targeted beneficiaries;
- Participate in the awareness program with other teams;
- Collect and track weekly data;
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Supervisor;
- Participate in home visits and screening activities;
- Perform any additional duties as requested by Coordinator/Supervisor, such as to assist other teams during regular visits to the locations;
- Ensure that the target population has access to mental and psychosocial support services;
- Engage in outreach activities under the framework of the program;
- Attend required training;
- Perform home visit services (outreach);
- Prepare needed report daily, monthly, and periodically as requested from the Management;
- Ensure that all confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential beneficiary and project information.
- Abide by DWWT codes of conduct.
- Perform any other duties as assigned;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for their own action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural
differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work, and related fields is a must;
- Proven experience in a related field (experience in working with children and vulnerable populations);
- At least 1-year experience in the humanitarian field (the focus on disability and vulnerability would be an asset);
- Fluency in Turkish and English are required; Knowledge of Arabic is a plus;
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Accuracy and promptness in performing duties;
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and approaches;
- Awareness of refugee context following a context-sensitive approach;
- Compassionate while working with refugees;
- Maintains confidentiality and respect towards beneficiaries;
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.