Position: Social Worker
Duty station: Gaziantep, Turkey
Start Date: 01th September 2022
Line Manager: Protection & Social Inclusion Manager
About People in Need:
PIN has been working in Northwest Syria since 2012, providing emergency relief and early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programs for conflict-affected communities in Syria focus mainly on Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, and Education, in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods activities. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $30 million, engaging over 400 full- time staff members across Northwest Syria and cross-border response hub in Turkey.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and register cases with protection concerns identified via outreach activities, self-referral and/or external identification, etc.
- Conduct an assessment of the case and determine vulnerability, prepare case plans, and implement them in accordance with directions agreed with Supervisors.
- Ensure qualitative interventions through regular monitoring, review, and follow-up
- Measure and follow up on the risk levels of all cases registered
- Work in close coordination with Supervisors
- Attend supervision sessions, follow-up meetings, and staff trainings
- At least a bachelor's degree or a master’s degree in social work
- 2 years of working experience related to children, youth, refugees, and vulnerable population
- Prior knowledge and understanding of the region and the community to work with is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Humanitarian Principles, conflicts setting, IDPs, Doms, refugees, and Syrian Crisis in Turkey as well as protection frameworks.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Excellent and dynamic facilitation skills both personally and in a group setting
- Strong (self-) organizational skills and flexibility particularly during working hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations
- Awareness of refugee background, following a contextsensitive approach, and showing compassion while working with refugees
- Maintains confidentiality and respect toward beneficiaries
- Respect and promote individual and cultural differences;encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible
- Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- To develop and promote effective collaboration among the team members
- To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner
- Action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Participate in in-home visits
- Collect and track weekly data
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities and, other national/international institutions
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Turkish is a must
- Understandable English is desirable
- Working knowledge of Arabic is preferred advantageous
- Applicants should be (Turkish Citizenship Only)
- Driving License (B) and active ability to drive
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply!