1. Organizational Background
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2. Job Summary
The Social Workers in the community center will support the implementation of the life-skills activities. Social Workers will help in the design of the courses and help conducting focus-group discussions in order to constantly adapt the activities to the needs of the targeted population. Additionally, Social Workers will be assigned for design and implementation of life-skills courses and other main scope of work for instance registration to courses, ensuring filling system etc.
3 Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Social Worker will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work in collaboration with Case Management Departmant to undertake rapid and detailed assessments of beneficiaries,
- Prepare an intervention plan including care plan and case summaries for cases following detailed assessment
- Identify individual protection cases and case follow up until cases can be considered to be closed
- Record and make data entry for the assessment care plan follow up information in the database in a timely manner.
- Accompany cases in the referral places and do necessary home visit if necessary
- Collect the latest information on the services available and service providers, protection actors, etc.
- In accordance with the best-practice and international standards in protection response, provide direct, high-quality and evidence-based case management for the vulnerable cases
- Conducting the Protection Screening form in office and in the field and conduct household visit
- Ensure circulating information between service providers on a local level protection services of ASRA, operation protocols and vulnerability criteria of cases.
- Support mapping of local service providers & support the development of memorandums of understanding;
- Provide group counselling on protection related topics in field offices and for community mobilization.
- Support case referrals between agencies as needed, follow up the case and closing procedure of the cases.
- Ensure accurate data entry of all cases received.
- Handling case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure
- Helping beneficiaries achieve wellness and autonomy
- Take the extra mile and interact with patients to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction
- Interacts in a manner, which is professional, respectful, positive, helpful, and promotes trust.
- Maintains professional growth and development..
- Provide and disseminate information to individuals and families about their rights and entitlements, including what services are available.
- Work with identified individuals and families to develop and implement action plans in accordance with their needs, capacities and goals.
- File and store data in compliance with the basic required procedures of ASRA Filing System.
- Compile information and report on achievements. Report internally to the Project Officer on weekly and monthly achievements; and for urgent cases on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with other ASRA team members when needed;
- In case of temporary/permanently leave situation, Handover Report will be filled out and submitted to the relevant departments,
- Review all case assessments with Project Officer
- Other duties as assigned
4. Required Skills/Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization with focus on psychosocial, community services and protection.
- Experience with social worker protocols is desirable.
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Exceptional command (written and spoken) of English. Arabic is a must and Turkish is a plus.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working with SGBV survivors.
- Experience working with case management.
- Flexible and responsive.