Under supervision of the Senior Project Officer (HES) and in close coordination with other PO(s), the Project Officer (PO) will be assigned on implementation of the large structural programme addressing educational needs of Syrian Students living in Turkey.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate SPARK Scholarships with Universities and Higher Education Institutions in Turkey;
- Ensure smooth progress of organizational and logistical matters linked to the project;
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant stakeholders from the educational sector;
- Maintain relations with the cooperation partners, especially local universities and educational CSOs;
- Provide organizational and logistical support for other missions and ongoing activities in the region;
- Main focal point and support point for scholarship holders;
- Main responsible for keeping Student Information System up to date and assure that all documentation related to scholarships are kept in an orderly fashion
- Main focal point for social cohesion activities
- Main focal point for summer courses and remedial courses support to beneficiaries
- Provide feedback for internal and external reporting
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures
- Other key administrative tasks.
Requirements and Skills
- Advanced Educational background or relevant experience in project management and/or the Education Sector
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in administrative management in projects
- Proven working experience in similar field of work
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Flexible and responsible;
- Full professional proficiency in Arabic and English is a requirement, Turkish is an asset.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment, with room to grow;
- Remuneration based on experience in the range of 1000-1200 EUR Net, per month;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (2 months’ probation period), with possibility of extension;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/322 until 5th of March 2021.
With reference: Project Officer – Gaziantep
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
SPARK is responding to the higher education crisis for Syrian refugees and vulnerable youth residing in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq/KRG. A lack of opportunities can lead young adults into poverty, radicalisation or to take the dangerous journey to Europe. By offering young people a chance to continue their education in the region, an educated workforce will be available to rebuild Syria once the conflict is over.