Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the SRH Manager reports to the Medical Coordinator, and she will be basically the technical supervisor of midwifing and gynaecological activities in both Idlib and Afrin projects and give technical support to DDD projects and its partners. She will supervise the midwives and gynaecologists on services implementation, quality of services, and capacity building needs.
- In charge to provide the daily needed technical support to the gynaecologists and midwives in DDD clinics
- Ensure the midwives are following the protocols recommended by DDD, UNFPA.
- Supervising and monitoring the SRH services provided by partners
- Analyse the data/morbidity sheets of SRH services and include the results, suggestion in the monthly report, for direct implementation.
- Propose any implementation of SRH protocols, update it if necessary.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC), neonatal care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with DDD protocols of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Supervise and ensure the proper implementation of GBV services in DDD health facilities
- Ensure that community level RH and SGBV interventions are implemented as per the plan and local needs.
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the other OPD/MCH providers for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to DDD specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for SRH activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders).
- Provide the needed technical support for the health promotion activities about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Will be responsible of assurance the quality of SRH services provided in DDD clinics.
- SRH manager will present DDD in reproductive health group and GBV subgroup in the health cluster.
- To attend the meetings/ workshops of RH, GBV groups and provide inputs as a representative of DDD.
- Represent DDD as the Medical focal person for any issue related to the SRH.
- Identify the training needs of the midwives and provide the needed training as requested from the line manager and medical coordinator.
- Provide a monthly report to the line manager, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc.
- Provide short summary of any meetings attended.
- Participate in any DDD sensitization campaigns
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Essential: Certified gynecologist/obstetrician degree with 3 years’ experience in managing SRH activities with INGOs or NGOs work or certified Midwife degree with 7 years’ experience in managing SRH activities with INGOs or NGOs work. The candidate should be female due to cultural sensitivities in area of intervention.
- Languages: Proficiency in both written and oral English and Arabic is mandatory, Turkish will be an asset.
- Motivation for working in humanitarian sectors.
- Flexible working hours according to operational priorities.
- Computer skills: MS Office, good command on MS excel and data analysis. MS outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to handle pressure.
- Good reporting skills.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.