Position: Supply Chain Assistant - Logistics
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and are currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey. GC intends to hire a full-time Supply Chain Assistant as part of the Operations Team based in Gaziantep
The Logistics Assistant reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new Logistical initiatives and procedures
- Assist in the design, implementation, and management of contracts in fleet, transport and warehousing.
- Manage local emergency stockpile and commodity consolidation point to permit the rapid movement of humanitarian supplies when required.
- Assist in the improvement and efficiency of warehousing, transportation, and fleet management systems.
- Conduct supervisory reviews and follow up on audit observations to improve the work quality.
- Communicate and coordinate with partners to facilitate transportation and warehousing requirements if necessary.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented approach when assisting the program team to understand the Logistical requirements for a given operation.
- Manage, maintain, and update physical and online Logistics archives, files and folders.
- Help in assessing existing Logistics operations and advise on corrective measures where applicable.
- Conduct site visits at the supplier warehouse in different locations around Turkey (overnight stay may apply) and assist in transit operations.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
Education and experience requirements
- A university degree is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in Logistics preferably in the humanitarian sector.
- Past work with international donor funded programs preferred.
- Good command in both English and Turkish (Arabic is highly desired).
- Good knowledge in MS office is required (SharePoint and Podio experience is preferred).
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer. As an international humanitarian organization, we highly respect and value diversity and ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration solely based on required experience and capabilities regardless of their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or marital status. All Global Communities employees, regardless of their position, are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination, harassment, exploitation or abuse (physical, sexual, emotional or verbal), or in any other way breach the rights of others to thrive in a safe and supportive environment.
We consider Humanitarian Principles as an integral part of our relief and humanitarian work across the globe and are fully committed to promoting the recognition of human rights, especially the safeguarding of children, women, and adults at risk. We believe we are accountable to those in the communities we serve, and as such, it is our responsibility to ensure that, we as an organization, must not contribute in any way to harming or exposing those communities to further risk. Global Communities applies zero tolerance to any act of exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination in every aspect of its work.
Therefore, as part of our recruitment process, a range of pre-employment checks/screenings will be conducted in conformity with Global Communities’ Safeguarding Policies.
Level of contact with children for this position: Low
Global Communities does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
The position is open only to candidates holding Turkish Nationality.
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.