Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Assistant-PAS
About the Job
Overall purpose of the role is to support the Team Leader – Livelihoods, under the overall supervision of Supply Chain Officer, and the supply chain department with the implementation and procurement of high quality productive assets support (PAS) service for self-employment services.
Provides administrative and/or technical support in country operations for Supply Chain for the procurement of Livelihood PAS component.
You will be asked to ensure planning, implementation and follow up of productive assets support services in a timely matter.
Geographic scope: Field (Antakya)
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plan for PAS items for self-employment services in DRC Turkey office and monitoring of their implementation such as, raising related PRs, preparing RFQs, distributing PAS items.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt
- Prepare the relevant documents for the cases of procurement of goods, services and works
- Assistance in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
- Ensure the high quality of PAS items received from various suppliers that DRC is working with
- Overseeing deliveries to beneficiaries and effecting the necessary documentation during the distribution of PAS items
- Maintaining good communications with supply chain staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes and technical support on DRC’s portal.
- Lead distribution of productive assets under the guidance of team leader.
- Participate in monthly follow-ups with beneficiaries of productive assets after the distribution, deliver data and report to the respective supervisor
- Facilitate identification of needs/access to additional training for PAS beneficiaries.
- Any other tasks given by the line manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have bachelor’s diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
• Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system and procurement experience will be a benefit
• Experience in supply chain such as procurement, transport, asset management,
• Experience with standard public procurement procedures and documentation.
• Fluency in English and Turkish language, Arabic as asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values.
Contract length: 8 Months (renewable dependent on both funding and performance)
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Antakya
Start date: 21.12.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 05.12.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.