Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Assistant to Provides administrative and/or technical support in country operations for Supply chain related issues.
About the job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Administration and Filing
• Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt
• Provide daily effective support to Supply Chain Officer
• Prepare the relevant documents for the cases of procurement of goods, services and works
• Assistance in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
• Assist in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
• Check that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
• Perform the physical asset check for the duty station
• Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation
• Maintaining good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
• Assist with Fleet Management tasks on demand
• Maintain daily vehicle movement schedule. Keep respective records on vehicles assignment etc.
• Compiling regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have Diploma or equivalent professional qualification. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems
• Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system will be a benefit
• Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport, asset management, warehouse and stock management
• Experience with standard public procurement procedures and documentation.
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language: Turkish or Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay, Antakya Field Office
Start date: 16.09.2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 06.09.2019