Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Assistant.
About the Job
To provide administrative and/or technical support in country operations for Supply chain related activities.
This role has a field-office focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the assigned area. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to area operations while overseeing field-office activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration and Filing
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt
- Provide daily effective support to Supply Chain Officer
- Prepare the relevant documents for the cases of procurement of goods, services and works
- Assistance in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Check that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
- Perform the physical asset check for the duty station
- Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
- Oversee Fleet Management tasks
- Maintain daily vehicle movement schedule. Keep respective records on vehicles assignment etc.
- Compiling regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
To be successful in this role, you must have a diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system will be a benefit.
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport, asset management, warehouse and stock management
- Experience with standard public procurement procedures and documentation.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Turkish
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values.
Contract length: 9,5 Months
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Şanlıurfa Office
Start date: 16.03.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14.02.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries.
We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.