Supply Chain Coordinator
Senior Operations Manager
Supply chain Manager, Procurement Manager
Number of positions open:
Last date for application:
October 26, 2021
Senior Program Manager, Projects Managers, Operation Staff
General objective of the position:
The Supply Chain Coordinator is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. SAMS defines Supply Chain as those systems and support function as necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory and asset management. The Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for maximizing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing operation. The successful candidate will execute strategic programs in international and domestic sourcing, distribution and warehousing. He/she will have expertise in negotiating supplier contracts, creating and analyzing bids and making recommendations as to how to grow and improve the business through strategic sourcing.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Supply Chain Planning
- Ensure procurement plans are developed for all active grants in collaboration with program/project Managers and later incorporated into a master procurement plan.
- Ensure that distribution plan for supplies and assets are developed in order to eliminate inventory remaining in the warehouses after grants closure.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff ensuring that there are sufficient spaces in the warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure supply chain staff training and capacity building plans are developed and incorporated into the budgets.
- Ensure that supply chain department is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Ensure compliance to SAMS and donors’ policies in the procurement of program supplies and assets.
- Ensure review and execution of procurement contracts in timely manner.
- Organize procurement trainings sessions for procurement / tender committees and non-supply chain staff if deemed necessary.
- Review procurement documents before payments.
- Ensure all suppliers/service providers Information, history and performance are performed, filed and kept confidentially.
- Ensure procurement officers conduct Market Survey and analysis quarterly and share with program/project team upon request.
- Identify fraud and corruption red flags and address in timely manner.
- Establish reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods to the health facilities.
- Work with Supply Chain staff and warehouse staff to ensure effectiveness, uniformity of supply chain structure and implementation of SAMS standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure implementation of SAMS inventory policies in all SAMS offices and health facilities.
- Produce grants ending and year ending inventory report in timely manner.
- Conduct spot checks and surprise inventory counts as per SAMS SOPs.
- Ensure Implementation of SAMS Asset policies in all warehouses and health facilities.
- Ensure assets are maintained timely and are safe to use, all maintenance documented.
- Manage disposal process for assets, including ensuring donor approvals are in place before the disposal.
- Ensure spot-checks are done systematically, documented and reported for all SAMS assets, inventory and equipment at least once a year.
Compliance and Ethics
- The supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for identifying and analyzing compliance risk in supply chain processes, implementing strong procurement controls, identifying procurement red flags, implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans and ensuring all supply chain activities are conducted in ethical manners.
Learning and Development:
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible and accountable for overseeing all supply chain and procurement learning and development initiatives and assessing training needs, developing training plans for supply chain/procurement staff.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in Business Management, Supply chain or any related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Supply chain management and procurement
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Fluency written and spoken in English
- Risk Management
- Report Writing
- Procurement Management
- Fleet Management
- Asset Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link: