Supply Chain Manager (Ref: BO-TR-SC1124)
|Supply Chain Manager||Non-profit|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of Position:
To provide strategic leadership and direction to Bahar Organisation for procurement, transport, storage, and management of services including commodities, supplies, and facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active SMT membership enables the Executive Director to lead the organization efficiently and effectively.
- Provide and promote strong leadership, management oversight, commitment, and accountability within the Department staff.
- Responsible for an accountable and transparent system for sourcing, bidding, contracting, ordering, and purchasing of items.
- Develop and manage systems to ensure that all program commodities are handled in accordance with Bahar and/or donor policies, and up–to–date, accurate records of disbursements are maintained. Lead on customs clearance for all commodities crossing international borders.
Logistics / Transport:
- Ensure that Bahar’s vehicles and equipment are operated in a safe, cost-effective manner.
- Lead in contracting transport as necessary to move staff or commodities and ensure the safety and security of the contractor.
Reporting and Representation:
- Ensure that complete, accurate reports on department activities are prepared in alignment with organizational and donor policies and guidelines in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation and management of departments' budgets, and ensure the policies, procedures, and practices align with Bahar's expectations, requirements, and obligations.
Personnel & Performance Management:
- Engage in the identification and recruitment of staff, with appropriate JDs in place.
- Develop the capacity of staff in the Department by working closely with Human Resources Department on staff development through effective coaching, mentoring, and performance management processes.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- IT skills and the ability to handle electronic data.
- Preference for Turkish citizenship holders.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form in the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted