Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Officer who is responsible for Supply Chain (Procurement of goods/services, Logistics, Asset, Inventory, Warehouse and Fleet management. Provision of general support to the Program for Supply Chain related issues.
About the Job
This role has an area office focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing area office activities
Duties and Responsibilities
Support and administration
• Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
• Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs related to Supply Chain.
• Effective maintaining the asset database.
• Provision of weekly and monthly activity reports to Supply Chain Manager
• Effective warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to Program
• Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of Supply Chain team
• Effective communication with Program staff on daily SC activities
• Establish effective procurement processes for daily support of Program needs
• Based on Program needs, maintain and implement Procurement plan
• Provision of effective tracking mechanism in procurement
• Ensure that all Supply Chain specific donor requirements and policies are understood and
• provision of effective Fleet Management to the country operations
• Optimize Supply Chain processes in order to assure the cost effectiveness by setting up long term
• Provide Fixed asset management support
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
To be successful in this role, you must have elevant university degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution,
warehousing, and stock management
• Good understanding of public procurement rules and regulations s
• Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language: Turkish
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Kilis Office
Start date: 15.07.2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact us.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 01.07.2019
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.