Supply Chain Officer (Ref: BO-TR-SC1196)
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of position
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for supporting the supply chain team and ensuring that all procurement and logistics operations are done on a timely basis without compromising known BAHAR standards. The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for following up on certain procurements remotely in different sites as needed and will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in project planning and prepares procurement plans in coordination with program team to clarify the supply chain cycle within a project.
- Performs the implementation and monitoring related to procurement and logistical needs to support BAHAR’s humanitarian activities, including carrying out tasks related to procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, fleet management, asset management, documentation, and equipment up-grading.
- Follows up on Purchase Orders status and keeps the project team abreast of the estimated delivery time or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions and update the PR tracker accordingly.
- Ensures, through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Performs collecting quotations, preparing bids analysis, and processing Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Identifies vendors and participates in their evaluation against performance, reliability, quality, price, and delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after-selling services, and the company profile/reputation.
- Ensures proper records of all goods receipted/dispatched to/from the warehouse. Prepares Stock Withdrawal Reports before dispatching the goods from the warehouse.
- Performs regular checks in particular to the expiration dates, and prepares inventory reports.
- Submits with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments.
- Follows up with the Finance Unit to ensure suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Undertakes any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, supply chain management, or other related fields.
- At least two years of experience related to supply chain aspects with INGOs/NGOs.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Turkish nationality is a must.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.