The UNV Regional Office for Europe and CIS provides oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in the region and is accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs. The UNV Regional Office represents and strategically positions UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society, and private sector. UNV’s services and solutions in Europe and CIS are covered on unv.org website and social media. To increase awareness of these initiatives among key audiences and to enhance co-operation with the UN and external partners in the region is one of the main priorities of the UNV Regional Office for Europe and CIS, related to diversification of informational content, design of visual materials and speed of news flows.
Under the general guidance of UNV Regional Manager, the supervision of the External Relations and Partnerships Lead, and in close cooperation with all Portfolio and Communications Teams, Talent Acquisition and Outreach specialist will :
1- Coordination of talent acquisition activities ( 50%) •
- Update, coordinate and monitor the implementation of UNV’s volunteer talent acquisition strategy with HQ talent acquisition team, based on priorities identified through the annual demand analysis and volunteer mobilization trends forecasted by Field Units: Support supervisors in championing the implementation of Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Coordinate with Portfolio Team to fill the current calls following the steps in “New Calls Life Cycle-Process”; attend the demand generation meetings when necessary
- Coordinate with the Communication Associates, regional outreach efforts with the aim of attracting volunteer talent meeting the demand for national and international talent;
- Coordinate with volunteer recruitment staff to gain a better understanding of recruiting constraints and propose adjustments to the Talent Acquisition Plan and activities accordingly .
- Keep abreast of the volunteer demand forecast and mobilization trends from Field Units
- Plan, conduct, and monitor campaigns and activities aimed at generating a consistent, diverse flow of applications to meet international volunteer recruitment targets;
- Contribute to improved monitoring and reporting on talent sourcing results through in-put to revised corporate reports on the composition and evolution of the talent pool of the Region Office
- Contribute to the identification and piloting of new sourcing channels and tools for talent outreach; Practice or oversee mapping of the institutions (NGOs, Universities, Job Portals, Volunteer Networks, Facebook Groups and etc.) to be engaged into Talent Acquisition Strategy (in cooperation with portfolio team)
- Advise Field Units on local talent outreach
- Recommend and follow up the related events and activities in the Region, where UNV programme should be presented for talent outreach
- Work closely with Field Units to utilize best outreach practices for the countries with no field unit support
- Advocate for and promote the use of online volunteers or encourage individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service; Recruit (create DOAs, organize interviews, send invites and interview), onboard through kickoff meetings, coach and mentor, engage online volunteers to support talent outreach action
- Measure the efficiency of outreach channels (through surveys, phone calls, interviews)
2- Coordination of outreach materials (50%)
- Coordinate the creation or revision of talent outreach materials ensuring on-brand language (one-pagers, social media content ideas, infographics, articles, training tools etc.) and reflecting the changes in systems, policies and processes and Conditions of Service;
- Prepare and modify outreach letters, speeches, slides, video messages and presentations for talent outreach actions in the Region
- Conduct or support livestreams for Regional talent outreach action
- Keep abreast of engagement trends to introduce new engagement methods.
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers; support, help organize Alumni sessions
- Act as a key programme speaker or create content for talent outreach campaigns, career fairs, webinars and panels
- Present UNV opportunities to increase national and international talent pool in the regio
- Provide status report on annual report summarizing accomplished Talent Acquisition activities and utilization of OVs; record and classify Talent Acquisition files and reference material in SharePoint
- Learn and actively use tech tools like PowerBI, CRM, UVP, etc.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required education level: Bachelor degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Political Sciences or other related field
Required experience :3 years of experience in Human resources strategy, administration of recruitment processes, head hunting, talent acquisition or marketing. Desirable: Prior relevant work experience UN system, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations or in volunteerism is desirable.
Languages : English, Level: Fluent, Required, Understanding any other UN language can be an asset.
Nationality :Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
Age :27 - 80
This assignment’s duty station is Istanbul and relocation is required for the one not living in Istanbul. Due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, this can be within a month after contracted upon agreement with the hiring manager. The UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging her/his own housing and other living essentials.
UNV Entitlements in a Nutshell for National UN Volunteers (Specialist):
- Current Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) is approx 10900 TRY as of May2022. This amount is subject to increase in parallel with revision in allowance of local personnel applicable in each year.
- 100% health, life and dismemberment coverage by CIGNA. As per UN’s diplomatic mission status, it is not included in National Security Institution’s (SGK) system but can be initiated on private basis.
- Entitlement to annual Leave at the rate of 2.5 working days per completed month of volunteer assignment
- Entry allowance for covering relocation expenses
- Exit allowance upon completion of service
- Several learning opportunities Unified Conditions of Service is available on UNV's website.