Team Leader - Capacity Support and Learning
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Team Leader - Capacity Support and Learning ESSN III Program (IFRC03881)
IFRC is currently seeking a Team Leader - Capacity Support and Learning to join the ESSN III Team in Ankara (Turkey).
Under the supervision of External Coordination Manager, the Team Leader for Capacity Support and Learning will manage innovation processes and knowledge management. The Team Leader will ensure efficient and effective substantive coordination and adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
The Team Leader, Capacity Support and Learning will oversee one international delegate (Rotational Delegate) and one national staff ( Innovation Officer)
Some Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage knowledge management and capacity development activities amongst IFRC, Turkish Red Crescent and national and international partners.
- Initiate and coordinate effective working relationships with national and international public and private partners to facilitate knowledge sharing in support of ESSN implementation and third-party monitoring.
- Prepare strategic inputs and develops draft recommendations to facilitate decision-making by senior management.
- Facilitate close engagement across the humanitarian and development actors in-country, as required.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and effective communications.
- Lead the sharing of best practices, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and external partners.
- Coordinate thematic activities and knowledge-sharing forums and encourages others to participate.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing (including through training and facilitating peer exchange) amongst IFRC and TRC staff on issues related to strategic planning frameworks, methodologies and tools
Support to Policy Development
- Monitor and analyze ESSN implementation experiences, lessons learned and knowledge networking to contribute to strategic planning processes.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Promote a work environment in that is conducive to innovation and engagement with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Manage, recruit, coach, advise, support and train locally recruited staff and international delegates
- Lead performance management processes and assure compliance to IFRC rules and regulations
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, economics or a related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic planning, sustainable development policy, project/programme management is required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency
- Proven experience in mobilizing and leveraging capacity from others, influencing and networking.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Team management experience
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Political acumen to co-ordinate, facilitate and negotiate at all levels of organization and with external partners
- Outstanding team building and mentoring skills
- Systems and capacity building skills
- Ability to absorb and present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Knowledge of the regional context and Turkey
- Fluently spoken and written Turkish and English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
How You Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fulfil this vital and challenging role, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the full job description and apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume HERE by the closing date 16th April, 2020. For more information on IFRC please visit our website: www.ifrc.org.
Please note that the position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.