Team Leader, Field Coordination
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Team Leader, Field Coordination ESSN III
The IFRC is currently seeking a Team Leader, Field Coordination to join the ESSN III Team in Ankara, Turkey.
Under oversight of the Operations Manager, the Team Leader, Field Coordination will provide programme management support and delegated field-level technical leadership to the ESSN III program. S/he will directly oversee field level planning, coordination, capacity support and monitoring, whilst providing guidance to the Field Coordinators (6) and Field Officers (6) with the aim of ensuring timely implementation of activities to meet operational objectives.
Operations management support
- Coordinate field activities under the guidance of the Operations Manager and in close coordination with M&E delegate
- Continuously assess and ensure adequate IFRC capacity to support IFRC partner in the field, and initiate requests for mobilizing additional human resources, if required, as agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment process for longer-term delegates and national staff.
- Actively contribute to the development of IFRC partner planning processes
- Under leadership of the Operations Manager, and in close collaboration with field coordinators, actively contribute to updating the operational planning in line with evolving and potential scenarios.
- Support IFRC partner assure consistent application of IFRC Minimum Standard Commitments to Gender and Diversity
- National Society capacity Support
- Consolidate field level IFRC partner capacity support efforts, including working with field coordinators to assure mentoring, coaching and developing the skills and/or provision of training of IFRC partner staff and volunteers.
- Coordination, cooperation, networking and partnership
- Foster and maintain a good working relationship with IFRC partner and existing IFRC support functions for the delivery of operational objectives.
- Harmonize inter-regional coordination and strategically support field level coordination for planning monitoring and oversight activities
- Support relationship development between IFRC and SASFs, though supporting the field coordinators to foster trust and identify capacity support needs.
- Participate in and represent the IFRC in relevant coordination meetings as well as liaise with local public authorities, UN agencies, and international and non-governmental operating agencies.
Programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Assure a culture to produce timely operational situation reports and updates.
- Contribute to the IFRC reporting processes (standard and donor reporting) as requested by Operations Manager in coordination with M&E delegate.
- Assure field level organizational accountability
- Plan with field coordinators with support from the Operational manager, the efficient and effective use of IFRC resources used in the project.
- Provide oversight of field level activities to assure compliance with IFRC procedures, regulations and policies.
- Regular feedback to IFRC management to assure leadership is fully informed on any material developments which could affect the project and/or IFRC.
- Manage, recruit, coach, advise, support and train locally recruited staff Field Coordinators, Field Officers
- Lead performance management processes with field coordinators and assure compliance of field teams to IFRC rules and regulations
- Regular travel to join field coordinators on mission and support with day to day oversight, monitoring, coordination and capacity development plans.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification
- Basic RCRCM Training Courses or humanitarian response training or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in relief operations
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency
- Field experience in coordinating/managing disaster and crisis management operations
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Team management experience
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Substantial experience in community led processes
- Practical experience in contingency planning
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of participatory tools in community planning approaches
- Strong background in report-writing and product delivery to tight deadlines, experience with ECHO grant reporting
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Political and cultural sensitivity
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Good stress management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Demonstrated accountability
- Knowledge of the region and Turkey
- Good knowledge of Red Cross Red Crescent disaster management cycle, including planning and response processes and procedures.
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and values
- Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust; Managerial competencies: Managing Staff; Managing Performance
- Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
How You Apply:
Please note that the position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.