Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin, team leader reports directly to the Facility Manager and technically to the Program Medical Manager, and s/he will directly supervise:
- GP doctors in his clinic
- Laboratory Technician
- Health Promoter
- Pharmacy Assistant
- To manage the day to day activities in the Primary Health Care Clinic
- To perform Consultations: provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients in PHCC
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed).
- To follow up the filling of patient’s file
- Gathering Morbidity charts, tally sheets and other requested issue to hand it on time to direct line.
- The team leader is responsible of the correct filling of the data provided to his line manager
- Validate Drug MO requested by pharmacist Manager/assistant in the clinic
- Request the Logistic MO for his/her clinic, daily running cost and send it to Log officer and His/her direct line.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet)
- You are the direct interlocutor of DDD towards the local community, for all issues related to your medical clinic;
- You participate actively to team leaders meeting.
- Responsible of the correct filling of the attendance sheet for his/her team.
- To implement PHC protocols according to internationally accepted/DDD standards, with a focus on controlling communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics
- validate the staffs leaves in his/her clinic and request daily workers in coordination with admin officer to request the daily worker if needed
- Responsible of making the annual evaluation of the staff in his/her clinic with support of medical coordinator
- Any other task requested by direct line.
- Define your HR needs, recruit, train and supervise your team members;
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by your team members;
- Define with your team members its action plan and deadlines for reaching goals;
- Conduct bimonthly team meeting and weekly individual meeting;
- Ensure formal feedback towards your team about any issues raised by them;
- Ensure conflict resolution within your team with support of your Line-Manager and HR Department.
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to your Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation;
- Provide your line-manager with a Handover Report at the end of your contract.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Certified Medical doctor has experience with NGOs work.
- Languages: English, Arabic, Turkish is a plus.
- Valid passport is mandatory.
- Computer skills: MS Office, good command on MS excel and data analysis. MS outlook.
- Team Management experience
- Flexibility and ability to handle pressure.
- Good reporting skills.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 16th February 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL COUNSELLOR - SULTANGAZİ
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - BAĞCILAR
- COMMUNITY EVENT OFFICER - FATİH
- DATA ENTRY OPERATOR - IDLIB
- NURSE - IDLIB
- MIDWIFE - IDLIB
- CASE MANAGER - IDLIB
- WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- PHARMACIST ASSISTANT - IDLIB
- FIELD OFFICER PARTNERS - IDLIB
- DEPUTY GENERAL DIRECTOR - PROGRAMME
- MIS (Management Information Systems) OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - İSTANBUL
- SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER - İSTANBUL
- CME MANAGER - IDLIB
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-BAĞCILAR
- PROJECT CLEANER-BAĞCILAR