Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child. In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian
Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
About the Role:
This is a 12 month Team Leader position based in Nizip district of Gaziantep. You will report to Project Coordinator and manage the center team of 3 PSS facilitators, 1 cleaner/receptionist. You will communicate with project partners, government counterparts, donors, NGOs and Sectoral Working Groups as well as project participants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring the implementation of the project, with plan and follow-up on the team’s movements, advise the team on the project implementation, follow-up on the project indicators, report on the activities, and interact with local authorities.
- Managing Nizip Community Protection Center with direct supervision from Project Coordinator.
- Overall coordination of all center activities and ensuring proper and consistent implementation of the project activities such as but not limited to: Structured phyco-social support for refugee and host community children, caregiver engagement activities, and community engagement activities.
- Overall coordination of center operational/support activities in the center such as but not limited to: procurement of PSS materials and equipment, administrative work in collaboration with Project Support Staff.
- Coordination and programming of all center staff duties and responsibilities.
- Overseeing, reporting, and solving maintenance problems in the center.
- In coordination with the M&E team ensure smooth and effective registration processes for project participants, with relevant data collection (pre-post tests etc.).
- Play a central role in building a strong communication network and ensure updated communication with all local agencies, and INGOS, local NGOS in concern.
- Representing the organization and Nizip Community Protection Center as the Focal Point for the communication and coordination relevant activities in the area.
- Coordinate activities with local government authorities and institutions. Establish and maintain good relations with key government stakeholders in the implementation area.
- Liaison and coordinate with donors when needed.
- Attending various meetings, workshops, and conferences and follows up all educational meetings to maintain professional development growth.
- Assist Project Coordinator for internal & external reporting tasks.
- Support the organization of community-based activities that promote shared resilience, self-help and peer support, including capacity building workshops and support groups.
- Seek community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the center.
- Play a key role for referrals from and to center in Nizip and work in collaboration and coordination with the Project Outreach Assistant in the process of identification and linking OOSC to formal education, and encourage referral pathways and support at the household and community level.
- Ensure that center provides and consistently maintain a safe environment for project participants. Maintain good relations with children, the parents/caregivers, staff, and volunteers.
- Contribute and suggest all protection and education project proposals relevant to center’s function.
- Collaborate with the Center Supervisor based in Gaziantep, Karşıyaka Community Protection Center for the joint activities, community engagement events and any other project activities to be implemented in both centers.
- Perform any other tasks under the guidance of the direct supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in education, psychology, sociology or) in related subject area
- At least 1 year of experience in protection or education or relevant field, preferably with NGOs.
- Turkish fluent and Arabic is required.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
- Willingness to contribute to expansion of a dedicated, multicultural organization
- Residing in Nizip district or able to access to center by herself/himself
- Intermediate or advance level of English
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
- Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humor, and patience
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email, no later than 13 September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Candidates who have dual citizenships (Turkish and Syrian) will be preferred. Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-20-14) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information.
Bir Dünya Çocuk Derneği
One world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
1 - To contribute to prevention of children from all kinds of abuse, violence, neglect, discrimination, and exploitation.
2 - To mitigate suffering, ensuring quality and effective response.
3 - To empower children’s participation and encourage sustainable development for and with children.
4 – To advocate for a creative and supportive environment with optimum resources that guarantee the best interest of children.