Technical Engineer (Structural engineer)
|International Association for Relief and Development (ONSUR)||Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )|
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office located in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Yemen, and Lebanon.
A technical office engineer responsible for the engineering study of projects, counting quantities, and writing tenders, in addition to following up on all daily activities with technical supervision of engineering projects and technical and contractual projects, under the direct supervision of the technical office manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A technical study of the project (structural - electricity - mechanics - architecture) including all drawings (design and implementation) using engineering programs and math tables.
- Preparing the necessary documents for tenders (quantities tables - technical specifications books - initial pricing for the project based on the market - engineering drawings)
- Preparing progress reports (weekly - monthly) on the work carried out at project sites..
- Documenting and saving all project documents while following up the project's documentary cycle.
- Creating timetables for projects and following them up with project managers, while developing updates to plans in line with the established timeline in order to avoid delays and work to remedy any delays, if any.
- Follow up on the provision of project needs for each stage, along with making purchase requests and coordinating with the concerned departments to complete the work.
- Develop plans to monitor and supervise the sites in coordination with the main administration and project managers, while preparing periodic meetings for the departments.
- Performing other duties that may be requested based on the needs of the institution.
- Preparing project proposals with the ability to attend periodic meetings with funding agencies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in civil engineering .
- Good experience in project studies (especially in Syria), with at least 5 years of experience.
- Field experience in construction works (building - restoration).
- Good experience in preparing tenders, calculating quantities, estimating costs, and technical specifications books.
- Good experience in engineering designs (residential and service buildings - sanitation) and time plan programs (Primavera).
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Good knowledge in the field of humanitarian work (preferred).
- Fluent in working on computers, especially engineering programs (AutoCAD - SAP - ETAP - Microsoft Project - Primavera).
- The ability to withstand the pressure of work and teamwork.
- Good communication skills with project team.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to ONSUR, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. ONSUR is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach toward any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
ONSUR provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
ONSUR employees must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside ONSUR.
Applications are strongly encouraged by female candidates.