Duration: as soon as possible-31.10.2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. Amongst others, GIZ implements climate change and energy projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (For more information about the project see the following link: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/53189.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Technical Project Officer based on a full-time contract to support the Capacity Development for the Implementation of a Monitoring, Reporting and Verification System (MRV) for Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Turkey Project in Ankara.
The Technical Project Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Technical Project Officer is responsible for
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project
- processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- maintaining a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
- coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing the components related to national aviation MRV (based on EU ETS and CORSIA) and stationary MRV systems (based on EU ETS)
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Relevant academic degree related to energy, environment, climate, economics, law etc.
- Proven experience with Turkey’s GHG MRV system
- Experience as verifier in Turkey is considered a substantial asset
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence and ability to work in and contribute to a close-knit team
- Excellent Turkish and English (spoken and written), knowledge of German is an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Flexibility to support other team members and overall projects
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Technical Project Officer MRV). Deadline for receiving applications is 22nd of July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.