Position: Temporary Food Security Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Department: Food Security & Livelihoods
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 31 July 2019
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is responding directly in Syria, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This is being carried out through an approach to programming where projects focus on the sustainability rather than relief delivery. Global Communities is a fully registered organization in Turkey and are currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
The Food Security Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Monitor and report on project activities and ensure compliance with plans and Global Communities’ standards
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve required project outputs.
- Assist Food Security team to ensure that all aspects of partner implementation are managed according to Global Communities and donor regulations
- This includes assist to ensure partner’s distribution, construction and training plans as well monitoring plans are in place (according to approved implementation plan and approved budget) and smooth implementation.
- Support Food Security team to coordinate with partners for successful roll out of the Food Security and Livelihood programs. That will include maintain verified beneficiary lists based on established selection criteria, to observe and advise partner toward to construct distribution and construction mechanism that are contextually appropriate and efficient.
- Close work relations with M&E team to ensure all monitoring (registration, verification, GRNs, PDM) forms filled properly, documentation filling managed and completed in timely manner at field level.
- Support Food Security team with necessary weekly plan and written reports that meet Global Communities report standards.
- Assist the Food Security team in launching new assessment, and/or new proposals, baseline and endline surveys
- When necessary, assist Food Security team with the sharing of lesson learned and good practices for dissemination within Global Communities and to other agencies and interested parties
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of activities.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules and minutes.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Attend team and organizational meetings as required.
- Maintain and update project files and administrative documents.
- Report all protection and security related concerns.
- Ability and willingness to travel outside of Turkey is required for this position, frequent field program visits are required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor regulations.
- Any other assignment by the supervisor.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor Degree is required, Agriculture Engineering is preferred
- At least two year of relevant experience, working for NGO programs is preferred.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Strength in interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of basic protection concepts, human rights, and IHL is highly desirable
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with suppliers.
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Good knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Office programs.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees. Candidates with Turkish and/or Turkish & Syrian Nationalities will be preffered.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 22 March , 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.