Contract Type: Full-time position and will be offered on a consultancy contract.
Contract Length: Six months with possible extension
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye (but remote working will be considered)
Closing Date: 12 July 2022
Consultancy Solutions seeks a training coordinator, who will support training and mentoring activities on the media for development projects being implemented by CS. Training is delivered on either a remote or face to face basis, travel may be needed. The training coordinator will be responsible for assisting the director of training in the detailed planning and oversight of all aspects of training activities across a series of media partners in editorial, multimedia, and gender issues This is an important role requiring strong organizational and communication skills, and experience of successful and impactful training delivery.
Being based in Istanbul would be an advantage for the position, but remote working will also be considered.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Maintain training plan and calendar to coordinate the training workflow.
- Liaise and coordinate with trainers, translators, and media partners to ensure successful delivery and identify any scheduling issues.
- Communicate with project media partners and program officers to ensure they are across the training planning, outline of courses, timing of the courses and the media roles that the training is applicable to.
- Monitor the training courses to ensure smooth and effective delivery
- Assist director of training in all aspects of planning and conducting training activities.,
- Coordinate on the travel and accommodation requirements of trainers and translators.
- Ensure training materials are distributed to participants, in coordination with trainers.
- Identify and organize training venues, as and when required.
- When needed, provide translation and interpretation from Arabic into English and vice-versa.
- Participate and contribute to training review meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills, required
- Fluency in Arabic, required
- University degree in international development, or media related studies, preferred.
- Previous experience in organizing training activities, required.
- Highly computer literate, required
- Excellent communicator, required.
- Pro-active with strong problem‐solving skills, required.
- Well organized with strong planning skills, required.
- At least three (3) years' experience with international organizations, preferred.
- To Apply: Please send a CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and Add Training Coordinator 02-2022 in the subject line.