To translate/rephrase the IMU deliverables/products/questionnaires from Arabic to English and vice versa with high quality and using the humanitarian terminology in clear language understood by English native speakers.
- To convert the Arabic reports received from the Reporting officer/Narrative analyst to high quality English language applying humanitarian terminology in a clear manner.
- To revise the source documents received by manager/team members in the source language Arabic/English.
- To translate any required documents by manager from English to Arabic and vice versa
- To draft reports in Arabic and/or English in scientific, professional and clear language.
- To create/translate reports in Arabic/English applying humanitarian terminology and ensuring translated texts convey original meaning, format and tone.
- To read and grasp graphs, maps, infographics, tables, and other visuals to generate narrative concise texts demonstrating meaning and communicating message.
- To produce regular/ad-hoc reports, newsletters, thematic reports, presentations, narrative for interactive and classical reports and other narrative reports as assigned by supervisor.
- To perform interpretation during meetings/trainings upon request.
- To disseminate information in close coordination with the Advocacy and Communications department.
- To attend Cluster meetings, present IMU products there and engage with UN cluster co-leads
- To present IMU products in professional way in English/Arabic languages in meetings
- To prepare relevant reports/ perform additional tasks as required by management.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience/Languages)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in English language, translation or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language advanced level; Turkish basic level.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in translating humanitarian reports, articles, statements related to the Syrian context.
- Education: Master’s degree in English language, translation or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language advanced level; Turkish intermediate level.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in translating humanitarian reports, articles, statements related to the Syrian context
Core & Technical Competencies:
A. Core Competencies:
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client Orientation
- Technological Awareness.
B. Technical Competencies:
- Excellent command and demonstrated experience in translation and presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Acceptable speed of translating (8 pages per 8 working hours)
- Good command of Microsoft office Excel: sorting data, if function, filters, …
- Good command in Trados: using Trados to translate files, creating and modifying translation memories on Trados.
- High familiarity with the used humanitarian terminology in reports.
- Adobe Acrobat.
- Interpretation skills
- Good command of Microsoft office Word: organizing word documents, text formatting, document layout, dealing with tables.
- Good command of Microsoft office PowerPoint: preparing slideshows and presentations.
- High degree of knowledge on the situation inside Syria and of actors and networks (LCs, LCs, NGOs)
- Good command of humanitarian standards.
- Good command of sphere standards.
- Good knowledge of skype.
How to apply:
All interested candidates in the position who meet our requirements, please fill in the form in this link https://forms.gle/5JrxnTtRGF922B8J8 before 31-August-2022.
- This position is open only for Syrian and/or Turkish citizens.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please include the job code in the subject (TR-01), the applications which not include the code will not be considered.
- Please Note the applicants should have a valid residence permit in Turkey
Assistance Coordination Unit
Scope Of Work:
Monitoring and Evaluation
We work for a decent life for all Syrians by managing and coordinating information and support.
To be the leading institution for planning and supporting decision-making for humanitarian assistance and sustainable development of Syria.
Mapping the humanitarian needs and ensuring stability in Syria.
Coordination with all humanitarian and stabilization actors to achieve the response plan with better impact.
Mobilization and the advocacy of humanitarian issues at the local, regional and international level.
Increasing resilience and supporting sustainable development.
Promote reliance on local resources, provide support in emergency situations and boost the early recovery of communities.