International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for a Translator (Turkish Nationality) according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children.
Position Place: Istanbul / Youth and Development Center - Küçükçekmece
Job Duration: August, 2020 - December 31, 2020 ( with a possibility of extension), Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 1
- In coordination with the Youth and Development Center coordinator, to provide written and/or oral translations that are needed during the implementation of the project in Arabic-English and Turkish.
- To provide necessary information about the project to all Center visitors who speak a foreign language and support the reception process by ensuring that the requests are collected and recorded correctly
- To accompany the relevant case workers to provide translation support when needed.
- To identify the demands and needs of the beneficiaries encountered during the trainings in coordination with the case staff and to report them to the Youth and Development Center Coordinator
- To support the organization of internal or external activities planned throughout the duration of the project, and to ensure that the registration lists are kept complete in all organizations that need translation, and to assist with the gathering of information for the presenter
- To ensure that the personnel in the field office are able to perform their duties, to ensure that all personnel act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially regarding child safety, and to encourage other team members to comply with the same sensitivities
- To participate in all trainings and orientation meetings that may sometimes be held during the weekends
- To fulfill the ad hoc tasks that may be delegated by the affiliated Youth and Development Center Coordinator, and to work within the general needs of the project when necessary.
- To ensure that the project runs in a healthy manner in cooperation with all personnel; to avoid any kind of behavior and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may be physically or physically or psychologically damaged.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- 2 years experience (professional / volunteer) in humanitarian field is an asset.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in conducting psycho-social activities is a strong asset.
- Intercultural skills.
- Fluency in Arabic, Turkish, English written and spoken.
- No military service liability for male candidates until February 2021.
- Turkish nationality is a must.
IBC (UA Mavi Hilal)
Since more than 19 years, IBC has been working to help in alleviating human sufferings, hunger, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age, and sexual orientation, genetic and physical features.