Name and position:
Country/City of Assignment:
a) Reports to:
Date of Issue
- Organizational Background
MSYD, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
MSYD continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. MSYD has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
MSYD, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
MSYD, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
- Job Summary
The Translator will closely working with Rehabilitation Technical Teams to provide translation service between vulnerable people to team with the relevant support required.
The Translator will report to the Rehabilitation Coordinator and closely work with Physical Rehabilitation and MHPSS Specialists. S/he will be based in southern Turkey with frequent travel between field sites for assessments, support, trainings, etc. as needed.
- Responsibilities & Tasks:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide direct translation services from Arabic-Turkish-English to Arabic-Turkish-English to the project team on a daily basis, project documents for translation will include, but not limited to, progress reports, annual and quarterly work-plans, consultancy reports, Terms of References and other materials and correspondences related to the project;
- Provide direct interpretation services, and help coordinate outsourcing of the translation and interpretation services, to national implementing partners, and consultants in project meetings, consultation workshops, training events and field visits, when necessary to ensure good quality and timeliness of translated documents;
- Provide other admin support such as preparing/typing documents and meeting arrangements;
Human Resources Management
- Ensure compliance with all local labor laws including working hours;
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field and country office staff;
- Maintain frequent and pro-active communication with MSYD Program Coordinator, program managers, donor representative(s), and government representative(s) to report on implementation of program activities and objectives, operational needs or constraints, program successes, and any seen or unforeseen challenges that are encountered during program implementation;
Safety and Security
- Model good practice in safety and security at all times, complying with all MSYD internal security policies regarding movement restrictions, obtaining necessary authorization before beginning any domestic or international travel, and following personal security best practices;
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies by all subordinate staff, document any security incidents experienced during program implementation, and disseminate security warnings or announcements to program field teams as appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge on Turkish, English and Arabic languages both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in Turkish, English and Arabic;
- Undergraduate degree in relevant disciplines is an asset;
- Work experience on translation from English to Arabic to Turkish is an asset;
- Average Knowledge on Office Tools like Microsoft Word;
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, administrative and analytical skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country;
- Ability to work under slight supervision and work within a team.
- Some prior knowledge of health terminology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Sensitivity to the Syrian refugee health needs.