Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federally owned enterprise with operations in over 120 countries. We support the German Federal Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work, we assist people and societies in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed a bilateral technical cooperation agreement in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the European Union, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host more than 3.7 Mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in supporting Türkiye through technical assistance in the implementation of pre-accession programs of the European Union (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Cash Programming Advisor on a full-time contract to support the Community-based Local Initiatives Project (CLIP 2) in Ankara or Istanbul.
The Cash Programming Advisor’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Implementing and managing the cash-based transfer (CBT) operations to ensure timely, cost-effective, and integrated approaches with core activities and in close cooperation with key CBT stakeholders. This should include the design of cash operational plans and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Coordinating analysis for transfer modality and delivery mechanism selection including needs, market, and sectorial assessments, setting transfer values and Minimum Expenditure Basket values in close collaboration with other actors
- Appling assurance controls, supporting training to staff and partners, and coordinating and sensitizing local authorities
- Developing strategies on beneficiary sensitization in line with the Accountability to Affected Populations framework
- Planning and managing delivery systems, including participation in due diligence processes and drafting contracts for financial service providers and partners selection; determination of criteria for beneficiary selection and coordinating the implementing partners in the creation of payment lists
- Providing technical guidance to partners and staff members on cash programming
- Conceptualizing, designing, and conducting trainings on protection issues
- Supporting the Advisor on Capacity Development in the implementation of training programmes for civil society organizations and sustainable strategies for the ADA-NGO-Network
- Providing advisory services to the CLIP team and civil society organizations on conflict management and social cohesion
- Supporting and coordinating the inter-agency coordination of the project
- Supporting the project management unit in the planning/implementation/reporting processes according to the activity implementation plans and progresses
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, or University degree in the above fields with 10 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 10 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of migration with a focus on protection and cash programming, a minimum of 3 years of experience with NGO project implementation, and 3 years of working experience with an international organization (EU, UN, etc)
- Experience in the implementation of Cash Programming
- Work experience with relevant UN and/or EU organizations
- Experience in designing and conducting trainings
- Knowledge of conflict management/prevention in the framework of social cohesion
- Knowledge of project cycle management, log frame analysis, and program development tools
- Experience implementing case management/psychosocial support (PSS)/legal assistance and community-based protection activities
- Superior knowledge of Gender and Protection mainstreaming
- Significant experience in managing projects and donor reporting
- Native in Turkish, and business proficiency in English and Arabic as an asset
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Cash Programming Advisor in CLIP 2). Deadline for receiving applications is the 2nd of June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.