Vacancy Announcement: Executive Assistant based in Gaziantep (Ref: Executive Assistant in Gaziantep)
Duration: 1 year with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federally owned enterprise with operations in over 120 countries. We support the German Federal Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an bilateral technical cooperation agreement in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the European Union, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host more than 3.7 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in supporting Türkiye through technical assistance in the implementation of pre-accession programmes of the European Union (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Executive Assistant on a full-time contract to support the office in Gaziantep.
The Executive Assistant’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Maintaining the Head of Portfolio's (HoP) calendar and scheduling appointments. Modifying appointments as requested (frequently at last minute). Determining which commitments can be accommodated taking into account the HoP's existing schedule and possible overlaps
- Keeping overview over correspondence and ensuring the smooth flow of communication for the HoP whilst exercising tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Monitoring deadlines for completion of requested tasks and drawing the HoP's attention to pending deadlines
- Respond to or prepare correspondence and other communications in English and Turkish, as appropriate
- Review and proofread documents submitted for the HoP for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style and for adherence to established standards of format
- Ensuring all travel planning and administrative follow-up for the HoP (travel requests, travel arrangements including transport, accommodation and visa formalities, reimbursements, etc.) in cooperation with the Country Office
- Performing other administrative and organizational task which might arise ad-hoc upon request of the HoP
- Management of the Meeting Rooms in cooperation with Support Staff.
- Translate routine correspondence from Turkish to English
- Prepare relevant background material and documents for meetings and conferences in which the HoP is involved and communicate/information to appropriate participants (GIZ personnel and outside officials). Receive and liaise with participants of meetings in which the HoP is involved
- Coordinating extensively with concerned portfolio staff and outside officials with regard to all of the above duties
- Coordinating portfolio-wide events (all-staff meetings, workshops etc.) in Gaziantep and other locations together with the Support Staff
- Coordinating general queries and requests for information and documentationDisseminating information to the relevant people in the portfolio and keeping track of the information demanded and collected
- Support and coordination for overarching topics for portfolio-wide importance such as communication, compliance, digitalization, staff care and gender
- Improving knowledge management and file documentation for the whole of the portfolio
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an administrative or related position, preferably in an international environment, including experience in a similar role and/or similar institution
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, anticipate problems and develop alternative solutions, exercises excellent judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of general office and administrative policies, processes and procedures; preferably familiarity with procedures and systems of GIZ
- Client orientation and ability to work under pressure when required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity; proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and partners at all levels
- Good organizational and planning skills and ability to use time efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solid computer skills, full proficiency in MS office applications (especially Outlook); knowledge of other IT applications an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Turkish. Knowledge of German is an asset
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Executive Assistant in Gaziantep). Deadline for receiving applications is 26th of May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.