Duration: as soon as possible - 03.2023 with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
The PEP programme aims to enhance the economic prospects of Turkish citizens and Syrians under Temporary Protection in line with the needs of the labour market. The programme is implemented in cooperation with ministries, chambers, municipalities, national and international non-governmental organisations. PEP consists of three action fields: Employment and Skill Development; Entrepreneurship and Start-up Support; and Strengthening of the Business Environment. PEP is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/77109.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Field Advisor on a full-time contract to support the Promoting Economic Perspectives for Refugees and Hosting Municipalities in Türkiye Project in Gaziantep.
The Field Advisor’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Liaising closely with implementing partners, in particular from the private sector, and providing them with guidance and support at all levels of implementation
- Following up on all the projects activities and figures by communicating with the partner's staff, conducting regular field visits, and reporting them to the line manager, M&E and GAMs
- Setting up regular meetings with partners to promote an exchange on project progress, identify any obstacles to implementation, and provide support in identifying solutions
- Ensuring that all project activities carried out by partners are in line with Turkish law, GIZ regulations, and procedures, and the do-no-harm approach and reports infringements to PM
- Closely liaising with PM and team in the planning and implementation of all activities
- Actively contributing to sharing lessons learned among the team, GIZ, and project partners
- Supporting project activities aiming to improve employment matching services and recruitment strategies as well as job quality measures
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in international organizations, civil society organizations, or private sector
- Experience in working on sustainable economic development programs or projects will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with several partners on different levels (including state partners, NGOs, and private sector) in a politically sensitive, challenging, fast-paced, high-pressure and high-visibility context.
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight timelines, Self-motivated with a proven ability to work creatively, proactively, and innovatively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team, being able to cope effectively with the situation that PM and team are not in his/her work location
- Ability to contribute to decision-making and problem-solving by advising in a context of potentially diverse interests and complex issues/problems
- Highly resilient, with a high tolerance for frustration, as, among others, regular travels to project partners all over Türkiye are an absolute must
- Outstanding verbal and very good written communications skills as well as the ability to present.
- Self-starter with good initiative & multi-tasking skills who pays attention to the details, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot & resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of political and other sensitivities
- Strong organizational skills and experience in administration
- Knowledge of legislation and other framework conditions for Syrians under temporary protection
- Experience in private sector or an academic degree in business administration or economics will be an asset
- Familiarity with GIZ programming modalities (project management, and/or proposal/ business development) an asset
- Native or fluent in Turkish, Arabic and English
- At least conversational skills in Arabic language must
- Very good people skills and strong team player
- Advanced working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office package) required
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Field Advisor PEP). Deadline for receiving applications is 21st of August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.