Duration: as soon as possible – 31.12.2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit International Services (GIZ InS) has started implementing an EU funded project titled Technical Assistance for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Support for the Municipalities and Universities which has started on 16th April 2019 with a duration of 30 months. In addition to this project, GIZ InS is following various tenders in the fields of renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate change, environment, etc. in Turkey through their office located in Ankara. These projects require strong thematic expertise in different areas of renewable energy (wind, solar, biomass, etc.) and energy efficiency (industry, buildings, transport, etc.) and other specialities.
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Junior Advisor on a full-time contract (should the candidate wish, the work can be arranged on part-time basis and reduced to 50%) to support the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Support for the Municipalities and Universities Project in Ankara.
Note: The candidates should clearly state his/her preference with reference to the working hours (full-time or part-time and percentage).
The Junior Advisor responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Junior Advisor is responsible for
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project
- processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- maintaining a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
B. Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in engineering related fields (Higher degree such as MSc or PhD in relevant fields shall be an asset)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience at a medium or high level in a relevant public institution or private sector or in an international organization
- Experience in management or implementation of international projects.
- Being familiar with EU-funded project implementation rules and procedures will be an asset.
- Working experience in the area of renewable energy and/or energy efficiency for at least 3 years
- Experience in drafting and/or reviewing and finalizing/approving renewable energy feasibility study and energy efficiency audit reports, technical specifications as well as other technical documentation referred to in these ToR for renewable energy and energy efficiency investment projects;
- Experience in elaborating project activities and work plans in energy projects;
- Expert level knowledge in renewable energy (especially solar and/or wind) and extensive knowledge in energy efficiency (especially in buildings and industry) or vice versa will be an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent command of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. word processors, spreadsheets, databases, etc.)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence and ability to work in and contribute to a close-knit team
- Excellent Turkish and English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Flexibility to support other team members and overall projects.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Junior Advisor in InS) latest by 20th of August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.