Duration: 15.01.2023-31.12.2023 with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
The PEP programme aims to enhance the economic prospects of Turkish citizens and Syrians under Temporary Protection in line with the needs of the labour market. The programme is implemented in cooperation with ministries, chambers, municipalities, national and international non-governmental organisations. PEP consists of three action fields: Employment and Skill Development; Entrepreneurship and Start-up Support; and Strengthening of the Business Environment. PEP is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/77109.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable M&E Specialist / Data Analyst on a full-time contract to support the Promoting Economic Perspectives for Refugees and Hosting Municipalities in Türkiye Project in Ankara.
The M&E Specialist / Data Analyst’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Support in the development of appropriate qualitative and quantitative monitoring systems, tools and templates, that enhance monitoring of programme outputs and impact, generate evidence on programme effectiveness and prepare data for decision-making and reporting processes
- Work with programme team members and partner organisations to integrate M&E into ongoing programme planning and implementation phases while considering the organizational lessons learnt to ensure adherence to GIZ minimum quality standards and to guarantee continuous implementation improvement
- Coordinate the qualitative and quantitative data collection and analyses processes such as surveys, focus group discussions, interviews, and similar activities, including designing, tendering, negotiating, contracting and implementation with external service providers and partner organisations
- Critically analyse and review survey and partner organisations’ reports to ensure accuracy and quality before submission to technical coordinators and managers
- Design and prepare standard and custom reports for internal and external audiences using data visualization and business analytics tools like MS Power BI, Tableau, QLIK or similar
- Maintain the programme’s knowledge management assets such as document management libraries, organizational depositories, informational platforms, and databases
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA and/or MSc in Information Technology, Social Science, Statistics, Development Studies or related fields
- At least 6 years’ professional experience in similar positions
- Strong background in database management, data collection, data visualization, data analyses, including the design of studies and surveys
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collecting and research methods
- Advanced skills in report writing and presentation in English
- Excellent knowledge of:
- MS Office Applications
- Power BI, QLIK or a similar data visualization and business analytics tool
- Good understanding of:
- Relational database management systems (SQL)
- System analysis and design
- Web application architecture
- Outstanding written and verbal English and Turkish communication skills
- Experience in the context of flight and migration in Turkey and its political, economic, and social trends
- Knowledge of GIZ project management and M&E tools will be an asset
- Relevant experience or knowledge of the Turkish legislation system, notably in the area of communications, data protection will be an asset
- Good knowledge of statistical analyses tools (e.g. SPSS, Kobo) will be an asset
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and independently in a high-pressure and high visibility context
- High ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to approach complex situations from a creative and innovative perspective
- Intercultural sensitivity and working experience in a multicultural team
- Discretion, flexibility, commitment, and dedication
- Prepared to travel all over Turkey
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: M&E Specialist / Data Analyst PEP). Deadline for receiving applications is 7th of December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.