Duration: 02.01.2021 - 1 year with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable MHPSS Programme Officer on a full-time contract to support the MHPSS Project in Gaziantep.
The MHPSS Programme Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The MHPSS Programme Officer is responsible for:
- the technical, content-related, implementation of individual components or measures of the MHPSS programme
- planning, implementing, steering, monitoring and evaluating components of the project and its activities (remote implementation)
- supporting the identification of implementing partners and local service providers for activities and establishing a network of actors working in the field of the programme
- receiving, reviewing and validating project proposals from implementing partners
- providing technical support to partners or other actors that emerge from the MHPSS programme and identifying capacity building support needs
- contributing to GIZ’s internal and external reporting requirements and knowledge management
- attending relevant meetings, sector working groups, sub-working groups and bilateral meetings organized by NGOs, the UN, and other relevant actors
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree (or additional training, if relevant) in psychology, social work, counselling, education or related field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in the area of psychosocial support in crisis/emergency settings
- Experience in managing small projects, engaging different stakeholders, organizing trainings and workshops
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Native Arabic speaker and fluent English language skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Teamwork skills
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: MHPSS Programme Officer MHPSS). Deadline for receiving applications is 8th of December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.